Upside of the Backside

I just realized something about a pair of low rise jeans I have. They are the Lucky Brand Jeans. The rise is probably about 7 inches, if that. Anyhow, I noticed while sitting sideways and then looking into the mirror that the jeans are alittle gappy at top because my waist is smaller so I was horrified to see that with the gappy area, you could see down the jeans and see the "upside of my backside" (Oh, my) Now I got to go and buy some more "longer" tops to cover thy self up more. I am just sitting here wondering now how many have viewed the upside of my backside? LOL!

Charlotte~~

Charlotte, you should have no problem finding longer tops, the stores are full of them and they are very cute. As the Mom of 3 girls I can't tell you how thrilled I am to see the longer tops, I love the layering and the coverage of the 'upside of the backside'.
When my family was together for Christmas we observed the same thing with my 21 year old neice. Her Mom made me laugh saying, 'where's a cold nickle when you need one?!' :+

Take Care
Laurie:)

>Charlotte, you should have no problem finding longer tops,
>the stores are full of them and they are very cute. As the
>Mom of 3 girls I can't tell you how thrilled I am to see the
>longer tops, I love the layering and the coverage of the
>'upside of the backside'.
>When my family was together for Christmas we observed the same
>thing with my 21 year old neice. Her Mom made me laugh
>saying, 'where's a cold nickle when you need one?!' :+
>
>Take Care
>Laurie:)

Laurie ~

LOL! Just yesterday my DD advised me that the waist on my jeans was "too high" !

Today I'm going to look for some of those longer tops for me so I can ditch the high waisted jeans and enjoy wearing my low-rise jeans. I'm also going to stuff the pockets of the low-rise jeans with some nickles to drop down my DD's low-risers!!! ;>

Have a safe, Happy New Year's celebration!

~ Kim

"Welcome the challenge...embrace it...don't fear it." - Cathe Friedrich

Happy shopping Kim, I hope you hit some great sales. My DDs have conditioned me totally against the dreaded 'Mom jeans':) Let us know how you make out with your new stylin'.

Take Care
Laurie :)

Ack, all of my low rise jeans do that gappy thing...some just worse than others...I can't for the life of me find a pair of low rise that fit me properly so I just take what I can get and I am VERY careful when I sit down!;)

All I have are low-rise...I never even considered this problem, I'll have to go examine the situation!! Yikes, I hope my behind hasn't been smiling at strangers!!

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

Take the jeans to a seamstress, who can fix that for about $5. That's what the jean expert on Oprah says. That's what I intend to do with a pair of "gappy" jeans I have (like yours, they fit nicely everywhere else, but there's that @(#* gap!) In fact, once I get those jeans fixed, if I like the results, it may open up my jean buying a bit, as I can have jeans that fit great except for one spot tailored to fit better.

I think I have the unpopular opinion that low rise jeans just look terrible on everyone. I can't tell you how sick I am of seeing the 'upside' of everyone's 'backside'. I am always tempted to throw little items at people to see if I can "score." Happy shopping!

I have this problem with almost every pair of jeans I buy or try on. My waist is small compared to my butt and thighs, so it's always too big there. And now it's worse with the LR jeans because I am short-waisted, so the jeans come up higher than they are meant to be (belly button-ish). If I don't wear a belt (hate 'em!) I can feel a big gap when I sit down. I have invested in lots of longer tops, too. I am hoping that "regular" waist jeans come back in style at some point!
My dream is to find a regular waist jean that is stretchy and boot cut!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.