Update on the "Am I THAT wrong" post

andtckrtoo

Cathlete
Hey ladies -

Y'all helped me so much that I thought I'd post an update. Tuesday I received a text page from DSD apologizing for taking the deoderant and letting me know that she went out and bought more for both of us. She put in on my dresser with a little bow tied around it.

Of course, I received the page, but never saw it, until she mentioned something to DH about it and he told me. (My phone vibrates when I receive a txt page - it was in my purse). He immediately assumed that I ignored it and was very angry at me. I simply went upstairs and thanked DSD, told her I thought she was extremely thoughtful and that I am grateful that she's my daughter. (I do not call her my step-daughter). She and I ended up apologizing profusely to each other and hugs and tears were exchanged. I cannot tell you how proud I am of her for admitting she did wrong and resolving the conflict completely on her own. I did tell her, though.

DH and I went a few more rounds, and I know I was insulted that he would think I would ignore such a sweet message on purpose. Nothing really got resolved that night, but the next day (yesterday), we had a long, long talk (via IM and in person - I better at expressing my thoughts through writing). He apologized for not believing me, and we are on much firmer ground. We are still going for counseling, but I know that this crisis has passed. I am fully relaxed and celebrated this morning with a fun round of IMax 2!

I want to thank you all for listening and for the wonderful suggestions I got. Words simply cannot express how much I sincerely appreciate y'all being there for me. {{{{HUGS}}}}

RE: Update on the

I am very proud of her for owning up, that was awesome!!! :):):) It is so touching that you refer to her as your daughter, that has got to make her feel so loved. I am also happy that you guys are going to counsiling. You will continue to be in my thoughts! :)

Missy

Christine, that is so great! I looks like you've really handled the situation well and your DH is one lucky guy to have married a woman who is so kind and loving towards his daughter.

Michele

Oh jeez, now I'm tearing up again... I need to stop with the waterworks... ;-) Thanks Michele!

Christine-this is great news. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. This kid obviously has a lot of potential, and will respond very well after her father has been re-trained. Meanwhile, she's very lucky to have you!

Ahhh...there IS hope for our youth. :D

I am always so thankful when my DD's handle themselves the way yours did. She's learning...and that's no small thing IMHO :)

Im glad everything worked out.Its not easy to get a teen to see your side of things.Obviously your DH thinks you see your step daugther as you step daughter and not your daugther or he wouldn't have reacted the way he did.BUt I am glad you talked about that as well!
Lori:)

Thanks everyone! Yeah, she's a good kid. Just needs some guidance - like they all do at that age. I think I'm most proud, as I said, that she did this on her own, without anyone prodding her to do it. I'm just so darned proud of her!

DH and I have had a long talk about the your kids and my kids thing. You all made a very valid point that we can't think of the kids that way. They HAVE to be OUR kids. Typically with DSD DH feels that way and knows that DSD and I get a long (unless a teenage moment comes up). I think a lot of different things have been going on, including pressure from his brother to do what he knows is wrong when it comes to DSS (his brother has never had kids or even spent much time with any, but knows all about raising them), and I, of course, am giving him other advice, so he felt as if he needed to circle his wagons. We've worked our way through that and he knows I'm right, but sometimes doing the right thing is the hardest. I need to back off right now (which is tough for me).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.