UFC

ReneePruitt

Cathlete
Has anyone tried the UFC workouts? And also tap out xt I'd love to see what others felt as far as fun an effective?

Hi,

I don't know about the UFC workouts, but I just finished 60 days of Les Mills Combat and I loved it. It is MMA workouts that blend elements of karate, capoeira, ju jitsu, kickboxing, boxing and muay thai. The workouts are awesome and very authentic. There is a upper body, lower body, two hiit workouts, abs and a stretch workout as well. You will feel like a fighter!

Amanda

Hi,

I don't know about the UFC workouts, but I just finished 60 days of Les Mills Combat and I loved it. It is MMA workouts that blend elements of karate, capoeira, ju jitsu, kickboxing, boxing and muay thai. The workouts are awesome and very authentic. There is a upper body, lower body, two hiit workouts, abs and a stretch workout as well. You will feel like a fighter!

Amanda

I have to agree with Amanda. I love LM Combat. I have rented 3 of the UFC workouts - they are good - but not good enough for me to buy them.

So either of you tried tabout xt? I have tried the LM but I couldn't seem to "get into it as much as Cathe say Hardstrikes or her rock out knockout. I couldn't get the combinations and I wanted to hear the music that I loved but id turn the music up I could not hear the instructors so if I did it to hear instructors the music was to low and didn't seem to get my hr up. It may be I need to get the moves better but I loved the music. But I was hoping tabout would be challenging and fun

you might want to rent them from KineticFlix.com - Rent Fitness, Dance & Sports DVDs. I rented a few of P90X3 when I heard how people seemed to love these. I caved and got these. I also rented T25 which I like and also got. I'm loving these 30 minute workouts.

I was going to rent more UFC and the tapout's workouts but decided I'm going to cancel since I have what I want for now.

I have both the Combat and the UFC workouts...I am almost through with the UFC series and love it! I have seen great results; upper body and ab definition in particular. I do add a lower body workout each week with heavier weight.

I found LM combat fun and the music was great but I did not see results and did not care for the instructors...

UFC is straight forward...uses different moves that are challenging, and I like the instructor..Mike Dolce....He is my second favorite (after to Cathe :)

What I liked about Les Mills Combat was that while it was intense, it was do-able in the sense the combo's weren't super hard to learn. If I hadn't been doing KPC, Kick Max, MMA Boxing and Rockout Knockout, I wouldn't have had the basic foundation of the kicks and punches. There's also a tutorial DVD that goes over the basic stances, kicks, punches and elements from each martial art discipline. I did a full 60 day rotation and have now just started Brazil Butt Lift, but have added in two Cathe upper body heavy weight workouts per week because Sculpt is OK, but I don't want to do light weight - high rep upper body stuff now. I've kept the lower body workouts true to the BBL schedule.

Amanda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.