Trader Joe's

pwmatt

Cathlete
Went to Trader Joe's for the 1st time and Loved it! I went with DH so I didn't spend a ton to time, but I will be going back. I was able to find my steel cut oats and my soybeans for snacks(Edemomme)
Now, I know what everybody else is talking about! Phyllis
http://www.picturetrail.com/pwmatt

Phyllis,

Isn't it THE best place to shop? The prices are really good (especially for cheese, wine, and chocolate). I even buy my cat food there! LOL Enjoy Trader's!
Lorrayne

I wish we had one. We have Whole Foods & Central Market. I imagine they might be a little similar, but I'm still jealous.

x(

Marla,

Whole Foods and Traders are similar in some ways. Traders is kind of a gourmet foods portion of what Whole Foods offers (but with cheaper prices). For example, I can get the same bottle of cranberry juice at Trader Joe's for 25% less.

I love Trader Joe's! I turned my Auntie on to the Basmati rice with veggies, so now when I go I have to pick her up some too.

When I do my grocery shopping I hit Trader Joe's first because the prices are better than anywhere else. For instance, Mcann's steel cut oats are $3.00 less at Trader Joe's than the chain grocery store I got to. Even Kashi Go Lean is a better deal than at Costco.

I tried the fat free Fage yogurt from TJ's the other day and I was in heaven!! It is so thick and delicous! It cost $1.89 for a little container though, but I've never seen it anywhere else.

They also have a really good 75% light cheddar cheese that I keep on hand. My kids like their light string cheese.

Their natural peanut butter is tasty and cheap.

I could go on and on. Can you tell I love TJ's???

I'm another one that loves Trader Joe's. I wish we had one here in MN. When I go down to visit family in Chicago I always stock up. Love that store.

Joanne

I'll put my .02 in here because I LOVE TRADER JOE's.
Please make sure to try their frozen veggies - absolutely the best!!!
Especially the frozen broccoli and String Beans. Also if you are looking for a goooooooood whole wheat pasta, try their organic brand in the clear bag - usually penne, may have one or two other types.

There is just soooo much there to try - but wanted to mention these.
Enjoy shopping!!!!

Love it!!!

They have the best hummus (sun-dried tomato). My kids love their jelly. I love it for them because it has less sugar. I had some Smuckers left over and put the Trader Joe's next to it. The Smuckers looked fluorescent! :eek:

Dallas

Yep, TJ's is number one for us! In fact, I just sent hubby there now to shop. I love their prices and selections.

For anyone that eats fish and likes the wild salmon and such, don't be afraid to try their frozen wild fish. It is fantastic and the price is right! I can walk out with three nice size pieces for $7.00. Another vote for the frozen vegetables along with their frozen baked eggplant. So yummy, nice size portion, no preservatives, and it's only 140 cals. per serving. Ok, now I am hungry!

Rhonda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.