Total mess over a test

JennieR

Cathlete
I have a job interview tomorrow, and I found out that I have to take a test. This test will last 1.5 hrs. Granted it'll be a test to see how much I know about my job field, but still. I've never been good at taking tests. Just the word "test" freaks me out and makes me nervous. Any advice ladies and gents? I could sure use some.

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

Smoke free since: 2/05/08

Jennie:

Take a deep breath! Remember that this test is just one part of the interview process and is not designed to trip you up, but let you demonstrate what you know. This means that there are multiple areas in the interview process where you can shine and also that you get to show off and reveal all your talents. People reveal themselves in different ways: some of us love talking about ourselves and are comfortable doing so, others need to state their positives in writing, more quietly. An interview process with different approaches simply allows the company to glimpse a more rounded view of each applicant.

And remember also that most of us, if not all of us, get nervous in interviews and when faced with taking a test.

Before you go tomorrow, think through all the things that you are good at and have accomplished. Remind yourself that you know one heck of a lot, you are completely smart, and you can get this job....if you want it!

Good luck Jennie, and come back and tell us your impressions afterwards, OK? Thinking of you...

Clare ;-)

>Jennie:
>
>Take a deep breath! Remember that this test is just one part
>of the interview process and is not designed to trip you up,
>but let you demonstrate what you know. This means that there
>are multiple areas in the interview process where you can
>shine and also that you get to show off and reveal all your
>talents. People reveal themselves in different ways: some of
>us love talking about ourselves and are comfortable doing so,
>others need to state their positives in writing, more quietly.
> An interview process with different approaches simply allows
>the company to glimpse a more rounded view of each applicant.
>
>And remember also that most of us, if not all of us, get
>nervous in interviews and when faced with taking a test.
>
>Before you go tomorrow, think through all the things that you
>are good at and have accomplished. Remind yourself that you
>know one heck of a lot, you are completely smart, and you can
>get this job....if you want it!
>
>Good luck Jennie, and come back and tell us your impressions
>afterwards, OK? Thinking of you...
>
>Clare ;-)

Thanks Clare.

I never thought about the company getting a more rounded view of me. Knowing that does help.

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

I must say the test and the interview went really well. I scored an 89% on the test and the woman who interviewed me said she usually looks for scores between 85% and 90%. I think I did really well on "selling" myself.

I got myself all worked up over the test for nothing. Clare, your words really did help. Thanks again. :)

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

Jennie:

You are so welcome, I am glad the words helped and that you feel good about your interview experience. Go you!

Clare

>Just wanted to congratulate you on your test! :) Good job!

Thanks. :)

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.