Today would have been......

banslug

Cathlete
Today would have been DH's 36th Birthday.

On this day, I take the kids to the cemetary and we each write a message on a helium-filled balloon. We release them up in the sky, so the messages and balloons get to daddy. (got that idea from somebody on these boards.) It's always a very surreal 'event'. And it seems to really REALLY hit home what these kids will NOT have for the rest of their lives.

Here is one of my absolute favorite pictures of him with the kids. It's Christmas of 2003, his last one with the kids.
http://pic80.picturetrail.com/VOL838/3209485/17823334/296957227.jpg

Thank you for allowing me to share this with you. Something is tugging at my heart today and told me to share, so I really hope you don't mind!

Gayle

Gayle,
Thank you for sharing. I have no words other than to say you have reminded me to make the most of my day with the ones I love.
I pray your day is blessed with your beautiful children, and that you have peace.
Thank you again for sharing,
Jill

Gayle,
I can't imagine the pain in your heart. I hope today is a special day for you and your children. Your story reminds me to take stock of what is important in life and make the absolute most of it. You are in my prayers.

Gayle, what a lovely picture, thanks for sharing:) Your tradition of honouring him on his birthday is so sweet. ((((Hugs))))

Take Care
Laurie

Thank you for sharing this Gayle. My heart goes out to you. Being new to the forum, I didn't know you had gone through something like this. Take care,
Clarissa

Gayle--
Thank you for sharing! As others have said, your message really reminded me to never take any day or any person for granted. My thoughts are with you and your boys.

lisa

(((Gayle)))...thank you for sharing that beautiful picture. I'll be thinking of you and your boys today.

Gayle,
Thank you for sharing this with us. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today. (((((((HUGS!!!))))))

Gin

Oh Gayle! You are such a strong women to have had to go through this and Im sure you have came out a much stronger and better person! You seem to be one of those women who has it "together"!
Thanks for sharing! {{{{HUGS}}}} to you and the boys!

Lori:)

Gayle, you are beyond awesome!! What you're doing for your children is wonderful on so many levels --- ohmigosh ohmigosh ohmigosh. Wow wow wow!!

I hope with all my heart that today's a beautiful and peaceful day for you and your precious boys, honey. I am proud to know you, and very glad that you're a member of this community.

On a marginally related subject, by the way, I am blown out of the water by your weight loss success. I say "marginally related" rather than "totally unrelated" because, just like the way you're handling this anniversary, your Body For Life experience is really another reflection of your strength, determination, and optimism. :)

You GO, Gayle!!!!! :) ((((((((((((((GAYLE)))))))))))!!!!!!

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif Kathy S. http://planetsmilies.net/sport-smiley-5536.gif

thank you for sharing that. my thoughts and prayers are with you. i lost my dad 5 yrs ago. he died from lung cancer at the young age of 53. i still cry and miss him as much as i did 5 yrs ago. the holidays are always hard. my mom has not been able to move on and i watched her cry and talk to him out on the balcony on new years eve:-( its such a hard thing to accept and deal with. i wish i could give you a hug. keep good memories of him and tell your children lots of stories so they know how wonderful he was.
"hugs"
karie

Gayle, I'm sending many hugs to you, your boys, and your entire family. May you and your children find peace in your hearts.

Bam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.