Tis the Season...to feel fat!

CollinsMom

Cathlete
It's not even Christmas yet, and I can tell I have put on a couple pounds. Not sure how many, I made my DF hide the scale until after the New Year.

I have been struggling this week with an unfocused rotation, a back injury, and loads of extra goodies hanging around my home and office.

Encouragement please! I am feeling so uncomfortable in my skin!!

Katie, I don't know if it's encouraging or not, but I can say you aren't alone. I have the same issue right now and my skinniest clothes are feeling a bit snug. x( I've been sick, so exercising less and I'm also more likely to eat poorly when I just don't feel up to preparing food as carefully. I just remind myself that last year after New Year's I lost 25 lbs and I've kept that off all year (until now) and though I have more to lose, I know I can do it. I just might have to wait until after the holidays and work on not gaining any more for now. We can both work on that. {{{HUGS}}}

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

Annette Bethel

Don't feel rained on. I gained 2lbs as well, some from being on vacation, inactive and TOM. The holidays are short compared to how long we workout. Enjoy the holidays and don't get stressed out!

I still have college football bowl games to watch, that is when I gain all my weight :D, if that is any consolation. :D

Hi there,

I think that we all really have to be easier on ourselves this time of year! The winter holidays only come around once, and so we need to indulge a little, right?! Like Lainie said, we'll all be back on track with our eating soon, and I bet Cathe has some wicked rotation planned for us in January!

}(

Hugs to everyone!

Pick and choose which treats are your faves and just indulge in those. I do really good at "mealtime", its that "picking between meals' that gets me everytime. So I am trying instead of eating all the goodies, just choosing those ones that are my faves and letting go a bit.:) You are not alone, I am in the "melters" group under the challenges, we are all trying to lose 10 pounds before Christmas-we all started before Thanksgiving and its been tough for all of us. Its just that time of year with colds, the flu, the extra food, the extra stress!

Just get ready to roar come Jan 1st!}(

Thanks for the replies, everyone. I am tearing up!

I wish Santa would bring me....piece of mind, where I never worried or stressed about my weight.

I am hoping to get gobs of new, cool fitness eqipment under the tree. By the time I get thru all those boxes, and test everything out, those couple pounds will be long gone.

Deep breath, chin up.... Let's move on!!

K-k-k-k Katie! Shake it off, girl! You normally work out so hard. And you typically eat awesome. Give your body and mind a rest the next week or so. I kknow you love GS series. Plan yourself a kick-arse rotation for January and you'll come back fitter, stronger, healthier, and sexier than ever for that wedding coming up! And, hey, if all else fails, get some cardio in tonight with Chris, if ya know what I mean!;-) :D

Kate, try not to focus on the teeny tiny weight gain. I've lost 3 pounds, gained 7 and relost 4, all since Thanksgiving. Enjoy your holiday and look forward to all the hard work we'll be doing in January.

I don't know about you, but when I'm feeling yucky such as now when I'm having back pain, I don't really care what the heck I eat. I just don't have the energy to worry about it. Last night I ordered in an individual-sized pizza with fresh tomatoes, black olives and mozzerella cheese. I don't normally eat pizza, but I found it comforting. I also ordered a salad that was just swimming in high-fat dressing, which is also very unusual for me. I had ice cream for dessert and a huge peanut butter sandwich for a late night snack! So what? I'm in too much pain to care. Like you, I'm a really careful eater 95% of the time. I doubt a few days is going to make any serious difference in my life. At times like these, I just try to avoid empty calories, but otherwise just eat whatever I want. (In my book, ice cream has protein and calcium, so it's not empty. :p ;) )

Katie, a lot of people through this during the holiday season. The important thing is to stick to a long term plan, don't worry about short term flucuations. Enjoy the holiday season and treats in moderation. Then get focused after the new year.

Am there too. Started doing really for over a month and then got the dreaded cold and have been stressed at work.

No workouts for 5 days now but I barely have energy to make it through the day. Just keep myself being as productive as possible and try not to put too many of the "extra" calories through the gums right now.

Don't stress, do the best you can and make sure you forgive anything you think you shouldn't have done. You made the choice at the time and just think, after the holidays you will definitely get back on track with all the rest of us. :7

I kindof went out of my way to lose a couple pounds BEFORE the holidays.. kind of like insurance lol!
I don't get into the holidays and I don't really celebrate it so theonly time I run into trouble is when someone actually invites me over for dinner.. so I worked in a little extra cardio for that :)
I know that my boyfriend (who was the one that got me into this fitness thing in the first place) had a weakness for FROSTING.
Ill get one for some muffins or somehting and then he'll pick at it for days until it's gone.. Ive thrown so many away just to get it away from us!
Although its a little late for losing a few pounds so you don't have to take it off after the holidays.. so try pawning all your leftovers off on others.. and try some creative, low-fat ways of using the other leftovers.
For example.. if you are having turkey then make some turkey corn chilli or throw it on some salad or in some chicken soup.
Throw the potatos right out and get them out of your mind haha.
We have seafood so I know Ill be more than happy to take any leftover lobster tails or scallops home with me yum :)

the smartest thing you did was get DH to hide the scale. there have been so many times i was absolutely positive i'd gained weight only to get on the scale and have actually lost. then, other times, i have had the reverse. revolt! we should all throw out our scales!!!

I feel awful about myself right now too.

I have managed to gain 10 lb this year -- due to medication changes and just flat out not watching my diet.

I have not let up with my workouts - I am going harder than ever.

I think that without working out, I'd probably be 50 lb heavier.

Anyway, I am going to do my best to bring my weight problem under control - immediately.

Amy, I just wanted to say don't be too hard on yourself. You obviously have been through a lot this year. Look at the bright side of things, you kept up with your workouts and that is saying a lot. When my diet is off, i don't even bother to workout which i know is even worse but mentally i just can't do it. You'll get back to your old self in the new year and those pesky 10lbs will be gone. Its so amazing how much diet plays in the health equation. People can workout as hard as possible for hours on end but if they are putting in too much food all that exercises doesn't even matter. Once you get your diet back in check those pounds will melt off. Don't work out harder, eat smater is what i always say.

Hi Jeanette,

The dog is my beloved Tiffany Louise!

She is definitely my girl and best friend.

She is a Border Collie!

I love her to death! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.