Time for stupid questions by Kathy

Kathy02

Cathlete
Ok, I know it's been a while since I've posted, life here has been a bit crazy between school and the holidays. But I'm on my winter break right now, so I have a few minutes to think about other things.
Well, I'm in the market for an Ipod. I have a shuffle, the old style. But I want a Nano or something with a screen that will work with the stereos and speakers and whatnot that's out there.
Here's the question: What's the difference between the old syle nano (longer and skinnier) than the new? Both have 4 GB, but one is almost $50 cheaper than the other at a store that I've found. Is the older style going to be obsolete soon? And why would I want 8 GB Over 4 other than they hold more?
Like I said, stupid questions, but I just don't know where else to turn and I'm guessing that you folks might be able to help me in this area.
Thanks for your info!!

Kathy

Hi Kathy,

Not stupid questions! The new Nano will allow you to play video on them. The old style (the kind I have) doesn't do video.

And *always* opt for more memory, because before you know it, it'll be used up and then you'll be thinking "dang, I shoulda got the 8gb". True story.

The new nanos have a color screen, play video, and have a new interface where you can scroll through your album cover artwork to pick your songs. I bought my DH one from Christmas and he LOVES it. As far as the video feature, I LOVE that. I wasn't going to get one for myself because I figured if I wanted to watch a movie on the plane (we flew to the inlaws for Christmas), I would just watch it on my laptop. I went ahead and got myself one though to replace the 1 Gig nano I had. I ended up downloading 4 Nora Roberts Lifetime movies to it for kicks. Those kept me occupied on all of my flights. It was WONDEFUL! My DH had this big hulkin' laptop that he had to drag out to watch anything (he didn't download any movies to his Nano) and here I had a nice little nano that I could whip out and watch a movie. Once you get into the movie, you forget all about the size of the screen too. I went with the 8 GB. I can easily fit 4 movies at a time on it and all the music I can listen to. I switch it out to, so I never expected to use this as a device to store EVERYTHING I own. If I did, I would have bought the 80 Gig full size version. I'm happy with the small compact version though. :)

I started with an 8GB Nano and loved the cuteness of it. It's so small and compact and still holds a lot of memory in my opinion. I ended up going to an 80GB classic, though, so I can hold EVERYTHING on it! :)

Charlene

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.