Thanking Canada and Flying Our Flag

D

donna

Thank you to our Canadian family who extended themselves to our stranded Americans landing at your airports. For those who don't know, many Canadians brought stranded Americans home with them yesterday, feeding them and giving them a place to sleep. I have no words of gratitude except thank you which seems so inadequate.
My (step) daughter is married to a Canadian and she is visiting us at this time. She is due to return on Saturday if that will be possible. We often have "lively" discussions about Canada vs America because she has been living there for over ten years. We are viewed as almost over-patriotic by some in Canada. This being the case, I immediately got my great big old American flag out of the closet and hung it on my porch this morning.

Just a simple request; if you have a flag, it might be nice to fly it for the duration of this "thing".

DM

Hi, Donna! A long overdue response to your very appropriate post. Especially in the wake of the beautiful editorial by a Canadian that has been circling the web and all other media these past 4 days, I say,

"Thank you, Canada!"

Annette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.