Thai Food

jessicarobin

I love Thai Food. I aways get rice noodles with chicken veggies and thai sauce. Do ya'll think that it would fit into a clean diet? Thanks!!!

I love Thai food too. I've always found two things to be true: It makes more sense to honestly track your eating for an entire day or week to get a real understanding of whether you are eating cleanly. And, there are no bad foods, some are just "cleaner" than others.

That said, every dish is different and you'd have to know a lot more about how it is prepared to figure out how it fits into your overall eating plan. Our favorite Thai restaurant (in Salem, OR) specializes in steamed fish, chicken, and veggies. SHe also does terrific fresh spring rolls that DH loves. Here in Germany, everything is fried - noodles, rice, veggies. I'll still eat it, I'll just modify the rest of my diet.

Hope it helps, Katie

Thai food is traditionally cooked in coconut oil. I would switch to olive oil. I think you can make lots of thai food at home that would be healthy, it's just the restaurant food that is iffy because you never know how it's prepared. P.S. I love Thai food too!

I love Thai food and all other Asian foods. You have to be careful of the coconut oil plus the dishes with sauces and too much carbs - if you are eating low carb you need to stay away from the noodles and rice. Some restaurants tend to alternate authentic homestyle Thai cooking and make it with more fattening ingredients to satisfy the American love for sauces and gravies. Just an opinion, of course. Yes, I agree...I think it would be better to make your own Thai food at home. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.