Tennessee folks??

april71rn

Cathlete
I saw the post asking who was from Utah and I have always wondered this about us Tennesseens! Seems like no one near me cares a thing about exercise or fitness. No one I know ever exercises. They all eat terribly around here too-so much fat, lard, bacon grease and salt! I live 35 miles north of Memphis in a little town called Brighton.

Hey, I'm a fellow Tennessean! We live south of Nashville in a town called Thompson's Station. I know of only one other Tennessee person on here. Nice to meet you!

Hey April71rn!!!

We're here! I'm from an even smaller town Southeast of Nashville, called Pikeville. It's near Fall Creek Falls State Park.
Talking about country! But, we love it! I've known about Cathe for over 6 years now and have done only her workouts since then. Good to meet you and have you on board!!

It has been a while since I've posted, but I try to check out the website everyday for my "pick me up"!

" My treasures do not chink or glitter, They gleam in the sun and neigh in the night" - Bedouin Proverb
" On the rail at a show walk!"
Melissa

Hi Everyone!

I'm so happy to see folks from Tennessee here! I live in Nashville and have been working out with Cathe for 20 years - since her first video!

You are so right about the way people eat - that good old Southern food that will kill you! And exercise seems to be a once a year endeavor - everyone runs to the YMCA on January 1 and by the 15th it's all over for another year!

Carolyn

Hi April, Stephanie, Melissa, & Carolyn! Another Tennesseean here! In fact, I may be the one Stephanie was talking about.;) I live & work in Northeast TN, in the Tri-Cities. I also feel sort of alone with my love of fitness & I don't have any 3D friends who care anything about it either. In fact, everybody I know, including my DH, thinks I'm crazy for being so involved in it. So it's nice to know there are several of us Catheites in this big, beautiful state!:)

Hi Melissa,
My sister lives east of McMinnville, off from Highway 8 near Fall Creek Falls State Park. I love to hike there; it's so beautiful. Have you hiked down in Savage Gulf or Burgess Falls (never been to B.F.)?

I love Murfreesboro and Nashville....there's some great country dancing there!

Patti

I don't live in Tennessee, but I spend a lot of time there for work. I was in Memphis last week when the tornados hit. Last week I visited Dyersville, Millington, Germantown, and Collierville, TN. The people were so nice! I'll be back there in three weeks. I'm thinking about going to Graceland -- not sure though, so many people told me it is not a safe part of town, and I travel alone.

Monica

Hi!
Another Tennessean here! I'm in Germantown and have been working out to Cathe for about four years. Actually, a large number of people here are health-conscious. I remember when we moved here a few years ago, we couldn't get over the huge number of people outside every day walking, running, or biking. But of course we have our fair share of unhealthy folks, too! A couple of times when I've been in a Back Yard Burger or Wendy's at lunchtime, I've cringed to see several really overweight people ordering a double stack burger with cheese and bacon, large fries, large Coke, etc...
Anyway, Monica, I'm glad you survived the tornadoes last week. I can't believe how bad some areas got hit, especially Union University.

I'm glad to "know" some fellow Tennesseans now! Maybe we can all chat again soon!

Valerie

Hi again everyone! How exciting... there are several of us Tennesseans.

Amy! What a coincidence... I work in J.C.! How cool that we are right here in the same place. I never would have thought in a million years that there would be another Catheite right here. I think I started with Cathe at the end of 2005 & LowMax was my first workout. I was hooked from there! So glad to "know" you, Amy!

Patti - I absolutely LOVE visiting Nashville. Such a fun city!

Monica - Yes, that was so sad about those storms... just awful.

Valerie - How nice that people are actually health-conscious where you live. We are all the way on opposite ends of this long state but I look forward to chatting with you here!

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you better. Who knows, maybe a TN get together could be in our future someday. Hope you all have a great Friday!

Hey Patti,
No, I've been by Burgess Falls and Savage Gulf, but haven't explored those areas yet. I've lived here most of my life and grew up at the Park. I'm absolutely in love with this area, but I haven't gotten around to visiting those two areas, maybe some day. I'm so glad to see all the Tennessee folks on here!!!!!

" My treasures do not chink or glitter, They gleam in the sun and neigh in the night" - Bedouin Proverb
" On the rail at a show walk!"
Melissa

Hi, I live in Winchester, TN. That is about half-way between Nashville and Chattanooga. So there are people here from all over the state! I'd say Tennessee is well represented!

Rosemary

Hi there! It is great to know there are Catheites in TN! I live just south of Nashville in Franklin, not far from Stephanie. I have been working out to Cathe for 9 years. Boy where did the time go?????

Nice to meet all of you,

Kara

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.