T25 reviews so far

lulu68

Cathlete
For those of you who are now doing T25 what are your thoughts so far is it a thumbs up or thumbs down? I was so excited to order this workout but now I'm a little hesitant I don't want to spend all that money if the workouts are not all that. If you had a choice between Cathe's XTrain and T25 wish one would you choose? Thanks!

LULU- I posted a review of my week of T25 under another thread-- copied it here if you are still looking for one.
I just finished Week One of T25 and just wanted to pass along my thoughts. By way of background, I have been doing Cathe for about 15 years now. I should also say that just prior to doing T25 I had been on a 6 week hard rotation of Cathe workouts but had just had a week of vacation and had not worked out in a week when I started T25.
Overall, this program is much less intense than Insanity.

T25 Cardio- This one is hard and he is not kidding, there is not one second of rest in the 25 minutes. I thought this was very challenging but while there were one or two points during the 25 minutes when I had to pause for a second or two (or 3) at the end of the workout, I felt like I could have kept going. Also, and this is true for all the workouts, the modifications are SOOOOO modified that I don't think anyone would get a true workout if they did all the modifications.

T25 Speed 1.0- This one is not as hard as Cardio 1.0 because you do get breaks for stretches and balance challenges. Didn't feel at any point like I needed to stop or take a break. Good workout but again, I wasn't wiped out at the end.

T25- Total Body Circuit- I would rate the difficulty of this one in between Cardio and SPeed. It was challenging and I think I took a break for a few seconds once during the workout.

T25 Ab Circuit Intervals- When I was doing this one, I thought it was fairly challenging but the next day my abs were not sore at all. Again, this is after being off workouts for a week. I don't think it is as hard as the abs in Insanity.

T25 Lower Body Focus- Good lower body work for glutes/hamstrings/calves. But compared to Cathe's leg workouts (with weights) I would rather do Cathe's weight loaded workouts.

As a side note, the program says 25 minutes a day for 5 days a week. However, on day 5 they actually show 2 workouts on the calendar but then say if you can't do 2 workouts on one day, just workout 6 days instead of 5. So it's really 25 minutes 4 days a week and 50 minutes 1 day a week or 25 minutes 6 days a week.

Overall - not as hard as Insanity. I like Shaun T as an instructor most of the time. And as a final thought, these may be good to supplement weight workouts but I can't see getting major results from these alone. Again, the modifications are so low impact, not sure they do much.
Just my thoughts for what they are worth.

LULU- I posted a review of my week of T25 under another thread-- copied it here if you are still looking for one.
I just finished Week One of T25 and just wanted to pass along my thoughts. By way of background, I have been doing Cathe for about 15 years now. I should also say that just prior to doing T25 I had been on a 6 week hard rotation of Cathe workouts but had just had a week of vacation and had not worked out in a week when I started T25.
Overall, this program is much less intense than Insanity.

T25 Cardio- This one is hard and he is not kidding, there is not one second of rest in the 25 minutes. I thought this was very challenging but while there were one or two points during the 25 minutes when I had to pause for a second or two (or 3) at the end of the workout, I felt like I could have kept going. Also, and this is true for all the workouts, the modifications are SOOOOO modified that I don't think anyone would get a true workout if they did all the modifications.

T25 Speed 1.0- This one is not as hard as Cardio 1.0 because you do get breaks for stretches and balance challenges. Didn't feel at any point like I needed to stop or take a break. Good workout but again, I wasn't wiped out at the end.

T25- Total Body Circuit- I would rate the difficulty of this one in between Cardio and SPeed. It was challenging and I think I took a break for a few seconds once during the workout.

T25 Ab Circuit Intervals- When I was doing this one, I thought it was fairly challenging but the next day my abs were not sore at all. Again, this is after being off workouts for a week. I don't think it is as hard as the abs in Insanity.

T25 Lower Body Focus- Good lower body work for glutes/hamstrings/calves. But compared to Cathe's leg workouts (with weights) I would rather do Cathe's weight loaded workouts.

As a side note, the program says 25 minutes a day for 5 days a week. However, on day 5 they actually show 2 workouts on the calendar but then say if you can't do 2 workouts on one day, just workout 6 days instead of 5. So it's really 25 minutes 4 days a week and 50 minutes 1 day a week or 25 minutes 6 days a week.

Overall - not as hard as Insanity. I like Shaun T as an instructor most of the time. And as a final thought, these may be good to supplement weight workouts but I can't see getting major results from these alone. Again, the modifications are so low impact, not sure they do much.
Just my thoughts for what they are worth.

Thank you so much very informative. If you where to know what you know now about the workouts would you have pass on this workouts considering there a little on the high prize? Thanks!

Good question.....I'm close to 50/50 on that. Just for variety and for travel (they will be easy to use in a hotel room since no equipment req'd) I probably would have ordered anyway. But honestly, I don't think I will be using them extensively. And if I were not going to use them for travel, I think I would p.ass

XTrain or T25

I really, really, really, was excited about T25 but now I'm not so sure its worth spending all that money. I'm debated between XTrain and T25. For those of you that are doing T25 and have done Xtrain, wish one gives you more for your money? Thanks!

Lourdes

I have done 2 workouts so far of T25 and I like them. I have also been on Youtube to review many of the other workouts so I have a pretty good idea of what to expect and believe they will be perfect for what I wanted them for. My plan was to use these as my morning workouts when I have weights scheduled in the evening. Love the idea of a great workout under 30 minutes. Now having done the 90 day Xtrain rotation I would easily take Xtrain over T25. I loved everything about this series. Loved the workouts, variety, music, fun factor and received great results. Curious to read other opinions on this as well.

It was a hard decision

Although I love Shaun T and was very excited for hs new workout T25, I have decided to go with Xtrain for now. So excited this workout bundle looks awesome...cant wait!!!! Sorry Shaun T...maybe for Christmas or my next birthday. :(

I have been doing T25 for three weeks now and it has been a good journey but I need to get back to lifting weights. I was doing T25 in the morning and adding on a mile walk just for a cooldown and then did my stretching.

I think T25 is very plyo cardio intensive and too much of that evidently isn't good for me. My knee is very sore today and so I am going to start Monday with lifting weights and less cardio.

I have heard that the Beta and Gamma workouts use weights but I haven't looked at them to be sure.

Rhonda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.