T-grip lite pink barbell

Cupcake

Cathlete
Finally ordered one! Been drooling over the pink one since February!
It looks cute! 7 lbs. of pink!

Will do! I think its gonna be awesome for underhand rows, close gripped bench presses and overhead shoulder presses ☺️

Mine is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday!! After much debate, I ordered pink. It reminds me of pepto-bismo :p I ordered the T-gripp travel set also but it won't get here until August.

The Pink Barbell is mine! Mwahhahahahaha!!! It just arrived! bring on the crazy eights!!! The rows are going to feel so much better now!

Having done Gym Style Chest and Tris today, I realised that my shoulders let me down.....they hurt before I even begin to feel my pecs working. And I was only bench pressing 45#. I'd love to know whether this barbell helps you press more.....

Hopefully it does, then I have an excuse to get a pink BB ;)

Does this barbell make lifting easier on joints?(mostly shoulders?) Can you use any type of plate on it or a special plate made just for this?

Kim

Does this barbell make lifting easier on joints?(mostly shoulders?) Can you use any type of plate on it or a special plate made just for this?

Kim

Regular plates (1" opening) work fine-----not for Olympic size plates.

Being able to change hand position can reduce stress on tendons/joints (shoulders can really benefit). It can also help work muscles at slightly different angles. Of course, most of these positions can be achieved by using dumbbells instead of a specialty bar but preference comes into play. Another factor----there's more stability to a bar than there is in using separate dumbbells. That instability can be a beneficial training challenge but can also be harder if you have joint/muscle pain. The T-gripp Lite has a total load capacity of 80lbs. My dumbbell go up to 50lbs (and I already have a curl bar) so I didn't really need another specialty bar. It's more convenient and the color is fun :)

Hi,

You can use any 1 inch plate with it. I just couldn't justify paying for shipping for their colorful plates. I use the ones I own. Although they have cute ones.

I think the different grips would make things more comfortable for certain exercises but the main purpose is to give you different grip options to hit the muscles from different angles.

I was watching bodyrocktv.com and I was drooling over her pink equipment. I couldn't get the pink equalizer ( own a yellow version ) but I had to get the T-Grip. That sandbag looks cute too.

If I had a home gym, I would get the proper T-Grip olympic ones but I only have a few KB and a rope and step and mismatched dbs and a Firm BB ( yup...back in the day )an EZ curl bar and an olympic bar.

Don't ask me how much I can lift because you will laugh.

Justinef

I do bench presses with dumbbells and position my arms (elbows) at a 45* angle out from my shoulder to keep the anterior delts out of the work. I also limit flyes to reduce shoulder pain too.

I read about the 45* angle from muscle & strength I think.

Thank you Gibbee - useful to know. My DBs only go up to 10kg (22lbs), so I was wondering about a BB with a different grip for when (if????) I need to go heavier. I guess I could replictae the 45* if I got an EZCurl??

When I've been doing chest work I get DOMs sort of at the front of my armpits. I never seem to be able to work the lower pecs. Was hoping for a bit of, ahem, bulking in that area :eek:

Ok so I tried the BB out for GS chest and triceps. I used to use the EZ curl bar for closed grip presses but this is way better! For the bench press, i felt the distance where you grip the BB was a bit further than what I was used to but it felt better for my elbows when I bring the BB down to my chest.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.