Sweat induced injury?

kgalas

Cathlete
Hey all,

OK, so yesterday I did KPC for the first time. I got so sweaty that I took off my tank top and was working out in my sports bra. When the time came for stability ball crunches I went to lay on the ball and proceeded to slip right off! I fell on my tailbone, the ball shot across my basement and my daughter looked at me like I was nuts. Fortunately, I had a mat on top of an area rug so it didn't hurt too bad, except for my pride;( Just another good reason to work out in the comfort of one's home-could you imagine doing that in a gym class?! OW!

Anyway, I had to share with you guys, as my DH didn't quite get the visual. I knew my forums pals would sympathize.:) Just remember for next time-keep your shirts on!

Klaudia

LMAO! Klaudia, that's very funny! And you know what? I've experienced the exact same thing with the ball work in KPC. When I wear my short sports tank top for that workout, I have a brutal time keeping stable on the ball, from all the sweat. It's a prize-winning workout, no-doubt.

I've also been injured repeatedly in this workout when doing the side lunges in the intermediate section, where you hammer punch down. The first 4 times I did this workout, I skimmed my right knee with my left thumb nail as I was punching quite hard, and broke skin each time. The first time I didn't think anything of it, until I felt the blood dripping down my leg. It took a few times, but I finally learned, and I'm more careful now :)

Thanks for sharing.

Sandra

I did this too. Except when the ball flew out from under me I hit the floor hard and knocked the wind out of myself. I had a neck injury and huge headaches with numbness and tingling over the top of my head for 3 weeks. Now I put on a t shirt if I am sweaty. As for moments when you wouldn't want others to see you I once was doing side lunges with overhead presses on Keli Roberts Step it Strong and just fell over sideways and hit the floor. I thought boy what a goof up. My grandaughter looked at me like I had lost my mind.
Diane Sue

It's so nice to know that I am not alone when it comes to exercise mishaps. I know mine aren't really sweat injuries but I have to share...

First of all, it is usually not me who is in danger of serious injuries when I work out. In fact, whenever I work out, my cat ALWAYS lays nearby and watches. More than once he has been scared or hit by the flying stability ball, or scared by the sounds of me slipping off the step or stepping back too far into my fan, or nearly killing him during lunges when he gets too close. Whenever I do crunches, he ALWAYS rubs his tail in my face- he STILL thinks that when I lay on the floor it means that I want to cuddle.

If I even go into my workout room he follows just hoping to watch!My husband tells me I should lock him up each morning when I work out so he won't always get in my way. But strange as it sounds, its like he likes Cathe and working out as much as me!:) I can't deprive him of that right?;)

Anyway, its nice to know there are others who have their working out mishaps:)

Hi Wendy,
My male cat does exactly the same thing...I think watching me workout to Cathe is his favourite spectator sport. He stretches out like a sultan & follows my every move. I've scared him a few times also with mishaps! (Actually, I fell off the step once when I was over-tired & severely sprained my ankle. Took a year to mend & another year to at least seem normal.)
My female cat, on the other hand, agrees with my dog...Mom's doing it again...run, do not walk, to any other room in the house! ;)
Ruth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.