Survey

lladehawk

Just out of curiousity ladies...and not to be competitive at all...

Was wondering what some of you are lifting for various muscle groups...

Say:

Bench press
Bicep curls
Triceps OH

Curious minds want to know????

bench press for PS 50 lbs, for CTX 35, for S&H, 25 lb dumbells
bicep curls (barbell) for PS 40 lbs, for CTX 25 lbs, for SH, 30 lbs
triceps overhead I use 20 lbs

Ditto to these weights....I use whatever Cathe uses, because I figure she's such a little bitty thing, and there's no reason that I shouldn't go as heavy as she does since I probably outweigh her by a lot. However, I will sometimes go heavier on the weights she uses for concentration curls.

I'm working chest today, and I'm going to try to go to 55lbs on the bench press. Right now I'm at 50 also. Biceps are 35 for PS, 30 for ctx, and 25 for S&H. Triceps are 20lbs for S&H, 20 for the triceps bench press in PS and 12
for CTX.

Aimee

RE: "Impressive . . . most impressive"

. . . as Darth Vader would say . . .

For bench presses, which I usually do after push-ups and pec flyes, I'm at 35 lb. BB

For biceps curls, I with 15-lb dumbbells with isolation curls and hammer curls, then a 35 lb. barbell for standard curls

For triceps I use a 35 lb. barbell for triceps dips with hands and feet on 6-8" benches, and 15 lb. dumbbells for triceps kickbacks.

You ladies make me feel like a weenie! That's great - gives me goals to work for!

:) :) :) :) :)

Annette

Hi Lladehawk! I can't lift as heavy as Cathe does but here it is:

Biceps: 35 lb. barbell. I don't use the Troy barbell, I have a heavy metal one with Weider plates. Dumbbells are 15 lbs.
Triceps: OH press is 35 lbs. and 10 lb. dumbbells
Chest: 35 lb. barbell and 15 lb. dumbbells
Shoulders: 35 lbs. barbell and either 10 or 15 lb. dumbbells
Legs: 45 lb. barbell but have gotten stronger and will have to go to 50 lb. now for S&H legs with 20 lb. dumbbells for stepups and either 10 or 15 lb. dumbbells.
Back: This is my strongest. Can do 50 lb. barbell and using a 20 or 25 lb. dumbbell for one arm rows.

Take care, Kathy

Thanks ladies for all of your vitals! I guess I am doing OK with what I have been doing...just need to get rid of the "fluff" to see more definition.

Thanks ladies for all of your vitals! I guess I am doing OK with what I have been doing...just need to get rid of the "fluff" to see more definition.

RE: it really depends on the workout

one is doing.

For PS Series, I go 55# for a bench press but down to 40 for MIS and Powerhour. I haven't done the Slow and Heavy series yet.

On biceps, I go 45# with PS and 40 for MIS and 30 for Powerhour.

On triceps OH for PS (if I do that one along with the dips), it is 15 or 20#.

Kim

Wanna hear a weenie one?

I can only say for CTX cause I haven't done the others in a while.

Bench 20 lb and this kills me.
Biceps I have a bad wrist so have to stick with 10 lb barbell, use 15 db for hammers
Triceps overhead standing??? 5 measly lbs.

I really challenge myself when I am lifting. Can't believe what a lightweight I am.

Andrea

RE: Wanna hear a weenie one?

Don't you dare feel bad Andrea. I think the most I use to bench press is a 30 pound barbell for most of my videos and that is probably stretching it. I am unsure how much the barbell itself weighs. I can do 20 and 15 pound DBs for biceps. The overhead Triceps I think I use 10 pounds. In the slow and heavy triceps I think I use 5 and 8 pounds for most of it. So, I am right there with you Andrea. I don't think I will ever lift as much as some of these other strong women but I lift what is right for me. I do admire all those that can lift really heavy and I commend them on their hard work.

Kelly

Hey Andrea!

That doesn't sound like a weenie workout to me, just a SMART workout. We all have different levels depending on injuries, being stronger in one area then another or for whatever reason. Your workout looks pretty darn good to me. Keep it up.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Andrea...do NOT belittle yourself...do what your body tell you is best!

I am 5"10" and threw 75 pound bales of hay around for my horses for many many years...so I have shoulders and biceps bigger than most of the guys I know...a body a lot of women probably would not even want...but I like it...

I threw out the question out of curiousity more than anything.

Kathleen

Gosh! I wasn't belittling myself really. Just giving lighter weights since all the others were heavy (to me). I do hope to be very strong someday, but I just keep working at it. Besides when it's time to drag my weights out there is so much less ;-) Thanks though! Glad to be a part of this buff crowd :)

Andrea

Another weenie

I don't lift very heavy either but still have the strength I need for my lifestyle & activities. Don't look too bad in a tank top or sleeveless jersey either.

Andrea, I'm glad you posted so that others realized that we're all different - different body types, different lifestyles, etc. Fitness comes in different sizes & abilities.

I am truly awed & inspired by the Amazons. I guess Andrea & I are mini-Amazons!

Debra

Mini-Amazon? Not you!

I believe you are the one that cycles awesome amounts of miles!!! But yes, we are all fit!

Andrea

RE: Right!

I like to think of myself as a Warrior Princess! YiYiYiYiYiYi!

But that's just me;-)

Bobbi

OUCH

HI,
Thought I was in shape? You women inspire me!!!

P.S. I do use wrist weights of 1 1/2 lbs each. Gotten into a habit of them. Use them for step aerobics as well.

I use Cathe's weights for squats and plies.
For lunges I use 25 lbs. I like going deep. These for me are killer one legged squats.
Crazy Eights..15lbs...These hurt so bad....
Triceps..15lbs.
Back.. 40+...dependind on the day.
Chest...barbell... What Cathe uses
Chest...Flys...What Cathe Uses
Rows..40lbs.

Keep On Pressing!!!
Laura

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.