SUPPLEMENTS........

Bernard

Cathlete
Hi Everyone,

I was just thinking the other day about how beneficial Honeybunch has found Vitalert to be, and am now wondering what supplements everyone likes to take ?

Most of the supplements I take are geared to my stressful PMS/PMDD. I take Evening Primrose, and 60mg Vitamin C, and I am about to embark on Agnus Castus (for the PMDD) and Flaxseed Oil, because I can't face taking Cod Liver Oil capsules (YUK !)

Anna :)

Hi Anna,

I suffered for years with PMS/PMDD and took evening primrose oil, St. John's Wort, and anything else that promoted PMS relief. I finally broke down and went to my gyn. They have several medications out now specifically for PMS/PMDD. After being on them for 6 months, I am so upset with myself for not taking them sooner. I take Sarafem, which is just basically prozac geared towards PMDD, and it has made a huge difference in my life. I still get PMS, but it is actually controllable. My main problem was irritability and irrationalness(?sp). I still take my multi, calcium, & vitamin C. The prescription even costs less than the supplements.

As a side note, please be careful and research your supplements thoroughly. One day they were promoting Kava Kava as great stress relief, the next day they said it caused liver damage. When I went in for surgery, they gave me a list of about 30 herbs not to take because they had known as well as unknown adverse interactions with anesthesia, pain meds, etc. Good luck with your PMS. I can definitely relate.

I take a daily vitamin and creatine.I have used creatine for years cycling on and off I can see a difference when I am on it.

Sheila- What were your results w/ Creatine?

Hi Sheila--

Can you tell me what your results were when you were on creatine? A lot of bodybuilders swear by it, and I was curious on how you used it, what it did for you, how long you took it, etc.

I have been toying w/ taking it, but have been a little gun shy of taking a supplement and would like to hear about your experience.

Thanks in advance,
Lynn

I take Sarafem too and I love it. I too am able to control my feelings and the bloating and sore breasts are so much better. Do you take it every day or only as needed? AND have you noticed any weight gain with it?

I take flax seed oil; a "blood builder" of B vitamins and iron; calcium, magnesium, and zinc; selenium when I have it, and Hcl/Pepsin.

Jenne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.