sunglasses/contacts

eminenz2

Cathlete
Because I spend so much time outside with the horses, I was thinking about getting contact lenses that are darkened to behave like sunglasses. My optometrist told me to not bother because they're not as good idea as they sound like, but I'm also wondering if anyone here has experience with theses contacts.

I don't like wearing anything on my face when I ride just in case I fall, but squinting in the sun gives me a bit of a headache (as well as exacerbating wrinkles, I imagine!).

I'd be very interested in hearing anyone's stories/experiences with this kind of product.

Thanks!

eminenz2 said:
Because I spend so much time outside with the horses, I was thinking about getting contact lenses that are darkened to behave like sunglasses. My optometrist told me to not bother because they're not as good idea as they sound like, but I'm also wondering if anyone here has experience with theses contacts.

I don't like wearing anything on my face when I ride just in case I fall, but squinting in the sun gives me a bit of a headache (as well as exacerbating wrinkles, I imagine!).

I'd be very interested in hearing anyone's stories/experiences with this kind of product.

Thanks!

Hello. I too have horses. I wear glasses that have tint. I have tried to wear contacts...but dust seem to bother me so bad...that i have given up on them. So i just stick with my glasses!

Good luck!!! Let me know if you are successful with a certain brand...maybe i could try a different brand with suggestions!!! Thanks!!!

I also have horses. I wear my sunglasses. My mother and aunt both have macular degeneration. Sun damage is a contributor to that common cause of blindless in older people. I'm going to do everything I can to avoid it. I'm sure I look like a BUG with my helmet and big sunglasses! I don't care. . .Protect your eyes.

BTW, I took a fall a year ago and my sunglasses stayed in place! Amazing.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.