Suggestion For Another Group Read

janiejoey

Cathlete
Good Afternoon,

I pm'd LauraMax and asked if she has any other suggestions on when and what to read next. She suggested that I put it out there, since she is always the one that instigates it. So here is my suggestion.

Many of us has read Frankenstein and enjoyed it. Now is a good time (for me anyway) to start another read. I'll suggest "The Time Travelers Wife". I hear it is very good. On Amazon.com it rates very high.

What do you all think?

Janie

I liked The Time Traveler's Wife. It's been several years and I don't remember it much, but I do remember liking it. My sister hated it though. Hmm...

I just finished Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult and thought it was quite good. I'm actually going to be discussing it at my book club tomorrow night--my first time being in a book club, and this is the first book.

Wendy

Janie! You called me an instigator! LOL! ;)

I'm up for the Time Traveler's Wife. I just checked Amazon, looks like a good read. :)

I just finished this book and it was so good, that I refuse to see the movie!!

I just might have to read it again now...:D

I highly recommend the Time Traveler's Wife. Please read the book before you see the movie. Movies rarely do the book justice. Fabulous book.

I totally agree with Melissa and ivorygorgon: read the book and then think whether you really actually want to see the film or not. The book is magical. An original. The film will not do it justice.

Clare

It sounds like everyone is in agreement then. How about if we start in two weeks, August 25th? Will give us time enough to purchase it and finish up what we are reading now.

Can't wait! I'm so excited to read it.

Janie

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.