STS or XTrain Frequency...

workout

Cathlete
Just wondering, to continue to see improvements either being more muscle definition, increase muscle strength, etc. would continually doing the same program (STS or XTrain), let's say 5-6 or whatever times, stunt improvements? Would it be better to alternate programs, change to a different program (do a rotation) or just keep doing the same program you've chosen but obviously increasing the weight to continue to challenge the muscle? What do you do to continue to see improvements for your fitness goals?

I've done XTrain 90 day undulating (2 times), the STS/Xtrain rotation (1 time) and I loved it sooooooo much and had a ton of fun, I want to do it again. Do you all think I should keep going with another round of XTrain or change it up a bit with something different?

Thanks.

I like to change it up. Try doing a Gym Style dvd rotation. Those are great workouts. But I know it's hard to change sometime esp. when you love the rotation. My fav. is XTRAIN.

Kim

Just wondering, to continue to see improvements either being more muscle definition, increase muscle strength, etc. would continually doing the same program (STS or XTrain), What do you do to continue to see improvements for your fitness goals?

Do you all think I should keep going with another round of XTrain or change it up a bit with something different?

Thanks.

It all depend on your goal.You want continuous improvements, therefore I would say you need to try something different. You have done X-train twice so I would advise STS 3 month. If you want to gain strength I would definitely go for STS as a pack. i did STS, dis X-train for about 4 month then later on (a year after my first sts round) went back to STS. I could select more weight compared to my second round.

You can focus on meso 3 if you solely want to gain strength.

Or you can combine meso 3 with Slow and heavy and set up a month or even 3 month strength rotation.
You have various options.

All the best,

Last edited:
Thanks Nathalie for your input, I appreciate it. I guess there are so many options available with Cathe - it's hard to pick one - they are all so good. Thanks again.

What seems to work for me is to not change too often...ie do a rotation of at least a month or so with one programme, before changing to another. Recently I've been doing lost of different weight dvds, changing each week. I've felt that I've not really progressed.

But, yes I agree with what everyone has said about varying the rotation. Xtrain, STS and Hardcore. Love 'em all,

3 months is the standard program length recommended to gain result.

2x 90 days of X-train is more than enough to move onto a different program.

I would say, first of all think about what else you have going on in your life right now. If you already have a lot of stress and flux (back to school, classes, new job, new location, whatever) then stick with what you love and enjoy so that at least one area of your life is solid, secure and providing stress-free enjoyment.

If you are still seeing continuous progress with your current plan, stay with it for a bit longer. Change when you reach a plateau.

Clare

I change my workouts every month. September I'm doing slow and heavy. This month I'm doing LIS and July I did Xtrain. I see great results in my strength and I'm never bored. And it also shocks my muscles so they don't get used to doing the same thing over and over.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.