STS Total Body

jengollf

Cathlete
I just got STS Total Body and did it for the first time this morning. OMG--I adore it! Now I want to know, how much like STS Total Body is the whole STS program. I am aching from Total Body! What an awesome workout!

And my second question is, how much like STS Total Body is Low Impact Total Body Trisets? Because I noticed that STS Total Body is trisets, and since Low Impact Total Body Trisets is on my wishlist, I was wondering it was just as challenging as STS Total Body, but (hopefully) different.

STS TOTAL - TOTAL TRISET

Hi Jen,

I have done both, love both. They are different. Triset is a split very good split program. JLower body has a cardio challenge on top of toning the legs. You use a stability ball on triset, that offers a different challenge. Jen I have been working exclusively cathe for 5 years and trust me once you have tried few of cathe's weight program you will aim at purchasing them all! You simply can not go wrong with having both.

hope this helps,

xxx

Last edited:
I have the STS Total Body on download, but I would love to have the presets (which I can make in the Workout Blender). The Workout Manager only lists 2 of the presets, and doesn't have the chapters listed -- is there a way I can get a list of the chapters used in each preset from SNM so that I can make my own through the workout blender? Thanks for any help you can offer.

I found the whole STS program different from STS Total Body in that you only work body parts one time per week. I have done the STS program into the third mesocycle (before I broke my shoulder last year and was laid up for 3 months). I just have never been able to get back into the STS program because I do not feel that my body reacts well to working parts only once per week. I need at least twice or three times. I love STS Total Body too.

Maybe someday I will get back into the STS program, and I hear others have had wonderful results, and I won't get rid of my set, I just will not be doing it anytime soon.

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm definitely ordering LI Trisets--and eventually the STS program. I am loving Cathe workouts. I am so sore today from STS Total Body--the good sore. Can't want to do it again.

The STS program his awesome! I have been through it many times and have never gotten better results with any other program. love it!!!

Like others have said STS TB is different from the STS Mesos 1-3. I prefer TB just because it's time friendly and I can work the whole body or do the premixes for splits. I enjoyed STS, what I did of it, but found that it wasn't something that drew me back over and over again- which is why I quit. I was getting results, but I was getting bored. I however am someone that loves variety. Having so many workouts on DVD, not to mention routines on paper, I can't seem to hold to something for more than 3 weeks without switching it up. It's that or I'm holding onto to dear life for another 1-2 weeks.

If you can handle rotations, STS is a great investment. Cathe has it on sale a lot these days so you never really have to pay full price. On the other hand however, she has plenty of DVD series that work the muscles well and differently that also tend to be a little more schedule-friendly (another issue I had). Cathe's new series has a TB workout included plus splits. Trisets is a great workout, again the premixes alone are worth the purchase. If you find you enjoy working with the ball and want a Total Body focus, look into Push/Pull & Super Sets!

Hi there,

STS Total Body is not the same as STS IMO. Like Tracy said, with STS you are forced to do split routines 1X/week, whereas STS TB you have the option of so many premixes.

Before I bought STS, I did a rotation with STS TB, and it did prepare me somewhat for STS, as you are calculating 65% of your 1RM. This will take you into Meso 1 and kinda get you used to writing #'s down and figuring out what challenging weight to start off with. This helped me because I am SO not a paperwork type of gal :D.

The Low Impact Series Total Body Tri-Sets is a goodie :). What I love about this set is the effective "joint friendly" workouts with minimal equipment. The lower body workout is probably one of my fav's by Cathe :eek:. I get DOMS for days afterwards, and I blame it on those evil dixie cups :D. One more thing, I have read that many people disliked the guitar music being played in the background. I personally enjoy it. It's very different from the music that is usually played in Cathe's workouts, but sometimes different is good :).

If you can't invest in STS, there are so many less expensive weight training workouts by Cathe that will undoubtedly give you amazing results. I heard Gym Styles, also split routines, is fabulous (I only have Gym Style Legs). The key is being consistent and challenging yourself.

Good luck & have fun!

Natasha

Thanks for the replies. I have some of the same concerns. I need variety. That hasn't stopped me in the past. I have become something of a program junky. I've purchased and completed P90X, TurboFire, ChaLean Extreme, Peak Fit Challenge, Insanity and Body Revolution. I also have P90X2 and Asylum--but I haven't done them yet. The problem is, even though I love every program in the beginning, by the end I am so sick of them. In fact, I can't seem to motivate myself to do P90X2 and Asylum for that reason--I don't want to be locked into a program again. So I decided not to do them program style--I'll just do all the workouts in my own time, then come back to the ones I love--which is what I end up doing anyway with all the other programs. There are workouts in the programs I've already done I never do again after I complete the programs, but also lots of workouts I loved that I return to again and again.

That's what worries me about getting STS--and any other program to be honest. I have been contemplating Les Mills Pump but have held off because of the "program" aspect. I guess I've burned myself out on programs.

Over the past few months I have purchased so many Cathe workouts (I now own over 20--I've lost count and I plan to purchase more on payday). That I have a great variety--I've been trying a new one almost every day and have only come across one I don't care for. I also don't like to do splits exclusively. I like the variety of doing splits some weeks, total body some weeks. I knew that STS was all splits.

I probably will eventually get STS. However, for now, I am going to keep doing all of the Cathe workouts I've been accumulating until I am sick of those. That will take a while! I have so many and I adore them. I have always loved to workout, but I haven't had this much fun in a very long time. So happy I discovered Cathe!

I agree w/ what everyone said...STS and STS TB are different, which is a good thing since variety is wonderful for the muscles. I think the STS program is a must have. It's expensive but worth every penny. Cathe has had it on the Daily Deal several times so watch for it and when it comes up again you might want to consider snatching it up :D

Jengollf:

sounds like you made the right decision for you, for right now, given your need for variety over a stick-to-it program.

Good for you. have fun!

Clare

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.