Step Height?

Fitness-Mom

Cathlete
Hi Everyone..Happy Holidays!!!

At what step height do you do you step workouts on? Lately I have been adjusting my step to 8 inches, but been noticing a lot of problems with my knees hurting the next day.
Does anyone else have problems with their knees?
Any suggestions would be great!
Thanks

Jennifer
Exton, PA:)

right now i only step at 6inches until i get more risers. even then i will only attempt 8in step once a week with a short workout to build up on it. have you tried lowering the step height? also depends on much stepping you are doing could be bothering your knee.

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

For the most part, I do them on just the topper, no risers, which is 4 inches. I can bump up the height to 6 inches on a good day and only with those workouts that don't have complex choreography. I have knee problems, and whether or not I use risers, I usually modify. I take out a lot of the impact and those pivots and turns.

Pinky

I am 5'3"...I used just the platform (4") for almost a year before moving on to a 6" step height. I have been using 6" exclusively now (but I won't do IMAXES on 6") for only a week or two...prior to that I would use a 6"step only on rare occasions for a "challenge". I felt very unsteady with the added height so it took some time to get used to it...I don't think I will ever attempt stepping on 8" but if I do it won't be for quite some time!

I use 8 inches, but I think I'm taller than most, about 5'6" or 7". I drop down to 6 inches on IMAX 3, if my asthma is bothering me, or I'm doing a new workout.

I used to ONLY step on 8" - I am 5'11" - so I felt I needed the extra two inches. But recently my knees have been bothering me more and more, so I only do Low Max on 8" - everything else on 6". Although the last time I did LM on 8" my knees were really sore the next day - so I might even keep that one on 6". I still get a great workout - and my knees are much happier.

I'm 5'2" and always use an 8 inch step. If I stretch or go for a walk before working out, my knees don't hut.
Lorrie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.