Stability ball 75cm/65cm - Versus- Height

Hi Everyone,

I have been using a stability ball for years and I'm wondering which one is suitable for my height.

I have never had any problem working out most of exercises a part from the incline biceps curls. My ball is a 65cm-25.59 inches. My height is 5 7.The ball I am currently using does not enable me to execute the curls in full range.

I am considering purchasing a bigger 75cm ball.

Has anyone experienced the same issue?

Hope to hear from you,

Hi. According to the chart 65cm should be the correct size for your height. However, there are some exercises that could use a bigger ball, like you said incline bicep curls and others. I don't have the space for another ball, I normally use my weighted gloves to compensate for not being able to have full range movement, but if you have the extra space, go ahead.

For reference, the chart is below:

45 cm. (4'7" - 5'0"); 55 cm. (5'1" - 5'6"); 65 cm. (5'7" - 6'1"); 75 cm. (6'2" - 6'8"); 85cm. (over 6'8")

I hope this helps.

I went by the sizing chart for my first ball and found it to be too small for a lot of exercises. I went bigger and love it. The only time the smaller one comes in handy is like in Drill Max during the one cardio segment that you use the ball. I don't have high ceilings so the smaller ball is easier to use.

My problem is I am on the high end of the 55 cm and the lowest end of the 65 being 5'6. Sometimes I feel the 65 is to large but other times it works fine. I hate the thought of having two SB's sitting around as my w/o room isn't that large either

I went by the sizing chart for my first ball and found it to be too small for a lot of exercises. I went bigger and love it. The only time the smaller one comes in handy is like in Drill Max during the one cardio segment that you use the ball. I don't have high ceilings so the smaller ball is easier to use.

That's funny this is exactly what I use my small ball for as well! It's also handy when doing squats against the wall in a couple of Cathe's DVD's. The 65cm one I have has sand in it so it's great for incline chest press as i don't have slanted risers and the ball stays in place due to the sand weight. My 75cm ball is used by my 14 year old son basically for bouncing on while watching "Family guy"! -and he's also 5'7". I'm only 5'2" and both the 55 and 65cm ball work well depending on the exercise. I'm lucky I have a large basement and workout room to store equipment.

That's funny this is exactly what I use my small ball for as well! It's also handy when doing squats against the wall in a couple of Cathe's DVD's. The 65cm one I have has sand in it so it's great for incline chest press as i don't have slanted risers and the ball stays in place due to the sand weight. My 75cm ball is used by my 14 year old son basically for bouncing on while watching "Family guy"! -and he's also 5'7". I'm only 5'2" and both the 55 and 65cm ball work well depending on the exercise. I'm lucky I have a large basement and workout room to store equipment.

I wish I had space ;-).
I have no issue doing incline press on a basic stability ball though.
I don't have slanted risers. do not need it as I have a weight bench.

I'm 5'3" and I have a 65cm ball and sometimes think about getting a smaller 55cm ball. I have always wondered if the size of the ball makes any difference as to difficulty with certain moves. I find plank moves such as roll-ins and pikes so hard :eek:

I'm 5'9" with a 65cm ball (and with really long, gangly ape-arms :( ) so I put my ball on a step riser or two when I need a bit of height for arm work.

It sort of works !

Justine

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.