Spin Workouts

GrettaB

Cathlete
Can anyone recommend some intense spin workout videos? Cathe's are the only ones I've ever done and I love them, but I'm looking to add a few to the rotation.

I appreciate your suggestions!!!

Spinervals are great workouts. If you are looking for intensity and a workout of about an hour, try Spinervals 29.0, "Dropping the Hammer" and 33.0 "The Pain Cave", 2 of my favorites.

The downloads from the Sufferfest are fantastic and different from anything you'll see out there. Most of them have a story line where you're racing along with professional cyclists. Most are incredibly hard and incredibly funny. The guy who makes them has a wicked sense of humor and it's likely the only time you'll laugh out loud while killing yourself on the bike. :) Oh, and they have great music.

I've heard the newest one (Half is Easy) doesn't have a story line...that kind of disappoints me!

Check out Studiosweat.com. I hear they have great spin workouts. It isnt DVD though. I think you stream them.

My internet is not reliable. I've downloaded several and they are sweat fest. The endurance level I achieved with these has also increased my run.

I've got several my favorite right now.

Is a new download from June that is a hour has Hiit 60/90, Hitt 30/60, Hiit 20/10 and lots of other stuff in a hour. Its is a great endurance builder. The music is fun from new songs like ? Jiggle Butt and old stuff like Sweet Emotion and Crazy Train (my kind of music)

I have another one that is really fun which is spin/body weight circuits.

I love she uses real top 40 music. It really makes the workout fly by.

I used Cathe Ride and Petal Power for 5 months subbing in my own music. The studio sweat are harder IMO or maybe I work harder because of the real class music/cadence.

Anyway totally recommend if you want a Live SPin Class feel. also the only instructor that I use is Cat Com. I haven't tried the other folks.

The download are 7$ per class. It was worth it to me just for the real music.

Oh and the all access stream is $19 a month which if you really need variety and spin a lot may be of interest.

I'm older and can handle the same spin workouts. I did Cathe for 5 months before I had to search for something new.

Enjoy your Spin its my favorite cardio this year :D

I'm so excited now, I first tried spinning several months ago and have been hooked ever since! My future plan is to replace my modified (read, "rigged") cheapy stationary bike with a true spin bike, since my resources were limited at the time of purchase and the fly wheel does not have enough resistance for me to grow. I'm already maxing out the resistance on heavy hill climbs and I only spin once a week...thank you, Cathe, for my strong legs!!!

I appreciate everyone's suggestions and I can't wait to try out some new workouts :D

I love studiosweat (SSOD) as well. If you prefer DVD's Mindy Mylrea has some killer one's like Tabata Trek, Short and Sweet, and Cycle Circuit but her music is not motivating which is part of what why I continue to use SSOD now regularly.

I own over 20 dvds by Global Ride and Cycling Videos Online. Each company makes very different training ride dvds and meet a variety of different goals you may seek. Check out their amazing selection and sample videos. One word of advice... in order to gain the most out of them, follow along and do the best you can to match the measurements they suggest to simulate the intensity of that ride. You will know what I mean when you look inside the site. Love them!

I did my first studio sweat on demand workout yesterday and it was AWESOME! So many different classes to choose from with great music!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.