Spartan Sprint

Fit_mommy

Cathlete
Hi.

I am participating in my first obstacle course race tmrw called the Spartan Sprint. I know there are several of these types of races these days but I am wondering if any of you have ever participated in the Spartan in particular and what your thoughts were plus and advice/tips you can give me.

TIA!:)

Hi TIA, I've never participated in the Spartan anything - they are extremely tough (even the Spartan Sprint is no joke). So I just want to wish you all the luck, strength and power tomorrow - you are awesome to do that. Let us know how it turns out.

Thanks. :)

I have heard they are tough but I am going with someone whose opinion I have complete trust in and he has assured me several times that I can do this. Now let's just hope he's right! :p

Good luck FitMommy you can do it. Several friends of mine have done it. They say its lots of fun and make sure you wear leggings not shorts. Something to protect your legs.

Thanks. :)

I have heard they are tough but I am going with someone whose opinion I have complete trust in and he has assured me several times that I can do this. Now let's just hope he's right! :p

Good Luck. those & tough mudders are tough, kudos to you. yeah...I'm not doing that. nope.

Hi Fit Mommy,

I did the Spartan race this past June. I found that the one I did was more cardio based but there were some tough obstacles. If you work out with Cathe you will be able to do it and it helps to be with a team to get over walls and things like that. I would wear something that does cover your knees because if you need to crawl through the mud under barbed wire like I did it can be tough on the knees. Mine still are still a little scarred but are a lot better than when I first did the race. Also I hope you enjoy burpees :D. We had to do 30 of them if there was an obstacle we couldn't do. Have fun tomorrow. Let us know how you did.

Cheryl

Hi Wendy!

I really want to know how it went and how you felt about the whole thing! Please post and let us know your experience. I have checked it out online and i'm just not sure what I think!:rolleyes:

I hope it goes well for you!

This weekend my DH and I are doing a metric century (100km/65 mi) ride on our bikes for Lou Gehrig's disease (ALS)... It must be the weekend to challenge oneself!

Blessings!

Last edited:
Well, I did it! It was scary, exciting, nerve-wracking, tough as nails but fun!:D

The course was 5 miles long. They literally had you climb up to the top of a ski mountain on foot! It was one incredibly steep hill after another and it was rough! If you weren't navigating steep hills then you were navigating trails in the woods that were muddy, slippery, rocky and hilly. And THAT was just to get to the obstacles!!! I am going to attempt to remember all of the obstacles though they will not be in any particular order....

-Climb over a short wall (4 feet)
-Crawl under a wall (space at bottom)
-Climb through a wall (holes in middle)
-Javelin throw
-Log walk (several "stumps" in a line that you had to traverse with out falling off of)
-Go down a big water slide into a body of water and swim to the other side. There were a couple of floating "obstacles" you had to swim under along the way as well.
-Monkey bars (hand over hand across a set of bars)
-2 different army crawls under barbed wire through mud(ground was hard and rocky under mud.)
-Reverse slanted wall climb
-Dragging a heavy cement block that was attatched to a chain a certain distance.
-Carrying a sandbag (20# or 40#) up one of the super steep hills mentioned above and back down. THEN you still had to go back up to continue the race!
-Rolling mud pits (like 5 or 6 of them) (wade through very muddy water with small hills to climb up and down in between)
-Pulling a rope to get a heavy cement block up in the air and back down again.
-Cargo net climb.
-Lateral wall climb. (like rock climbing only on a wall and right to left)
-Rope climb.
-Slanted wall climb (rope attached to help you pull yourself up).
-Tall wall climb (7 feet)
-Face "Gladiators" with "weapons" trying to keep you from getting to the finish line.
-Jump over fire.

There were a few obstacles I tried but just couldn't do and one at the end that I didn't even try coz I knew it was a lost cause (lol).

I am planning on signing up for another one in NY when it comes back around! One of the guys I went with y'day is entering a longer one in NJ in Sept that he did last year but he said it's miserably tough (and longer) so IDK if I want to go there....YET!;)

Last edited:
Congratulations Fit Mommy. I did some of those obstacles too. Getting up to the top of the ski hill is fun isn't it LOL. I had to do it in calf deep snow for the first 1.5 kilometers. Did they make you do burpees when you couldn't do an obstacle? There were three that I couldn't do so that was 90 burpees for me.

Cheryl

I've quickly decided that I will probably sign up for the Spartan Super in September here in NJ. Here we go again....only LONGER!!!!!:eek::D:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.