Southern cooks are killing me!!!

Repo

Cathlete
Everybody in the south gives food as gifts....my mom made fudge for the mailman, garbage men, friends, family, everybody she knows....yesterday I recieved a coconut cake from my aunt....I managed to sneek it in the freezer before my husband found it and today I got a carrot cake from a friend...these people mean well but they are killing my eating habits...just venting

I wish I could beam them right over. I just loose all control around all these homemade treats....I didn't even mention the homemade candies and cookies I got from work.

It only happens like 2 times a year right? Loosen up and before you indulge, make sure you eat your good foods, you will be satisfied and will wind up eating less of that coconut cake!:9 This trick works only sometimes of course, but its worth a shot right?:7

From CA - I made some chocolate/white chocolate covered pretzel logs and added in a bag of mesquite seasoned jerkey }(

Put in a few chocolate/white chocolate covered almonds (at least a little healthy).

Oh well . . . ;(

Annette Bethel

Honey chile, get used to it. We sutherner's also give food at funerals, receipe books as gifts, etc. We will not evvven discuss, picnics, church potlucks and school events. It is all about hospitality. Enjoy!!

I know exactly what you mean!! I live in the South. Of course I had to taste everything too!! LOL No more. I just give it to someone else.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.