Something that made my day...

Clarissa

Cathlete
I don't know if some of you recall when I posted a month or so back about the gentleman I interviewed with Cerebral Palsy? He was very qualified for the job but physically could not perform it w/ or w/o accomodation...? He really touched my heart. Anyway, an IT position came up in my organization a few weeks ago and I instantly thought of him. I called him up and he was interested and qualified. recall, he hadn't worked in 9 years b/c no one would hire him due to his severe disability. Well, after a series of interviews, he has landed the job of IT and Network Assistant! I am so happy for him! It is so great to be able to help someone that it makes my job in HR worth it. I am soon to resign, as I want my personal training business to take off, but am glad I accomplished this before I left. Just wanted to share the good news about this incredible man.
Clarissa ;)

That's so incredibly awesome for BOTH of you, Clarissa!

How wonderful you must feel that this guy has FINALLY been given the chance he so desperately wanted and was so deserving of. I wish him the best in his new position! :)

Clarissa that story has been on my mind ever since. What a very happy ending and kudos to you for being such a great person!:)

A what a wonderful thing you did Clarissa! I remember your story and I felt horrible for him. I'm so glad you were able to keep him in mind and find him a post for which he was qualified! That is so wonderful! Great job - both of you!

I don't recall the original post about this man, but wow! what a great ending. How frustrated this man must have been feeling!!! And now such a wonderful opportunity that you could provide!

Have a wonderful weekend :)

Mary

It was just so rewarding. I can't wait for the employees to meet him. He has such a good sense of humor. He was just married a year ago to a woman who he quoted to me "has the same disability" as him. So after the interview he asked, "do any men work here?" (I work for Catholic nuns at a Motherhouse employed mostly by lay-women like myself..). I said, "yes about 25-30 out of our 100 employees are men." He said "good, I will have to tell my wife so she won't be jealous anymore." LOL!!! He is so funny and sweet!
He starts next Friday so I will have to give you all an update once he starts! Take care.
Clarissa

Well, Miss Clarissa, I am extremely excited for you and for that man. You have a gracious heart...

BTW, when we spoke, did I mention to you that my two oldest boys have Cerebral Palsy? Of course, that's why this post means a great deal to me.

Talk soon!

It reminds me of...."and I say to myself, what a wonderful world...."

Sometimes we get so focused on everything that is wrong...it's nice to think about what is good every so often....yay!
Angela:7

Hi Clarissa,

I remember your post about him, too, and it's so wonderful to hear that things fell into place and that this position was perfect for him! How fabulous!

Leanne

Oh, Clarissa!! I remember your post well, and have thought of that man several times. I am SOOO happy to read this!! Thank you SO MUCH for posting. I think you just made my day. :D :D :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.