So, when do YOU de-Christmas?

L Sass

Cathlete
Call me the Grinch, but I'm done. We decorate Thanksgiving weekend, and get our tree the week after (we cut ours fresh and to get a non-Charlie Brown tree we have to go early.) I love the look and feel of it all, but by today I'm done.

Tree is down and waiting to be recycled, decorations are boxed and re-stacked in their cubby, and all that's left are the appropriate kid-related piles of spoils - which I don't at all mind keeping out for play and show. But I am quite ready for un-clutter. How about you?

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Sometimes, it is a good feeling to get it all packed away BUT the season flies by waaay too quickly for me. We usually take ours down the day after New Year's. We have no presents under ours now that we took them all to the GK's and spent the holiday there. So, at least there isn't a lot of clutter. The day afer NY's, I'll wish I was you! Ha!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

i started taking down some stuff like garland in the doorways,candles etc. we are going away for the weekend and if i do a little now that its less i have to do when we get back. i might take the tree down on the 3rd or 4th. i usually don't leave it up long. we put it up the beginning of the month after we had a christmas parade and i am so done now LOL.

kassia

http://www.picturetrail.com/ldy_solana

"And do what thee wilt as long as ye harm none"

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1307/4842454/16585805/276676894.jpg

We take everything down on New Year's Day every year. We still have a lot of company/holiday celebrations in the week between Christmas and New Year's. My youngest cries when the decorations come down. She wants them up all year!:p

Erica

We put the tree up about two weeks before xmas day, and we take it down on New Year's Day. We'll probably start removing the ornaments and packing them up this weekend, and then take of the lights and throw out the tree on Tuesday. We keep the wreath up a while, since it's not just xmasy looking...it's greens with real chili peppers. The only other thing to "de-christmas" is take the cards from the mantle...we're not big holiday decorators.

We have an annual party the Saturday after New Years so we like to keep everything out for that. I usually like to have an activity-free weekend the weekend after our party, so we keep everything up then too. Usually, by the end of January, everything is put away.

One year, I have to admit, the tree stayed up until Valentine's Day. In my defense, we were having work on our house and the room with tree was blocked off for a couple weeks. The contractor became available to do the work before I was able to pull the tree apart. So, I just left it up until he was gone.

Shelbygirl

I might win the grinch award. Every last bit of Christmas was packed away yesterday morning. We put everything up the day after Thanksgiving and i'm tired of looking at it. My birthday is the 28th so my mom always took everything down on the 26th to try and seperate my birthday from Christmas a bit and i'm keeping the tradition! :)

Karla, I could tie with you...we were done by lunch yesterday and took the tree to the recycle location after lunch. We didn't get the tree up until about two weeks before Christmas, but that is more than enough for me. We don't have a ton of room and I am always so ready to reclaim my living room!

Well, I'm dying to take everything down today, but I think my DD would protest! I've put all the gifts away. I'm itching to undecorate the tree... maybe she wouldn't notice:p

No. I find this time of year so 100% depressing. It is always dark and grey outside, in MI. People dress in dark, drab colours and there is nothing to look forward to until May when Spring returns.

So, no, I am in no hurry to take down my tree because it provides some much needed light, colour, twinkle and a return to a childhood sense of something special in the air.

Clare

I usually wait until after New Year's to do it, but this year we did it today. We put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving and I just wanted to get all the clutter gone. I love the decorations but I don't like a lot of clutter and stuff so now I feel more at ease that it is all put away now.

I put mine up the day after Thanksgiving and it will probably stay up until a week after New Year's. I might take garlands down, but I'll leave up my tree, especially since my mom is visiting from the 1st to the 4th. I'd still probably leave it up until after New Year's, though, because I hate for the Christmas season to end.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
My fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com/ http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif[/font]

I never "Christmas-ed" in the first place :(

We don't have kids, but we have 2 cats that would LOVE to climb up the tree, and I was just soooo busy at work to drag everything out. But, at least I had misletoe Yankee Candles burning all the time.

I ripped apart the house and de-cluttered and decided to de-Christmas to boot. I think by the time it is over Ia ms imply sick of it and sick of hearing about it. This year I am really ready for the new year, even if it means I am one year older towards geezer-hood.

I'll take everything down after the new year. I still consider this the holiday season so I like the house to remain festive. But my decorations do not create significant clutter - I have a very large modern family room and my decorations are few and simple.

I had my tree up before Thanksgiving this year!

I just put up the tree and decorated it last weekend. I am not one of those who decorates the day after Thanksgiving. I'll take everything down the day after New Year's. It's short and sweet for me. There will be Valentine's what-not in the grocery stores next week, no doubt.

Sarah

My tree was down & out of the house y'day. The rest of the decor will be put away this weekend, just haven't had time to do that yet!

I had to rearrange my living room for the tree & it was driving me nuts so my dh was surprised to come home and see the tree ready for the burn pile! ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.