slip-sliding away...need mat suggestions

andreasue

Cathlete
Somebody help me before my pile squat ends up in a straddle split!

I workout on a Pergo floor and my feet tend to slide when I'm exercising. I feel like this really detracts from the quality of my workouts since I'm probably holding back on some exercises (like ice skaters) for fear of having my feet slip out from under me. Does anyone know of a mat I could use (for both cardio and weight workouts) that might help keep me more stable? I guess I'm hoping for something that will 'stick' to the floor and not bunch up when I'm using it (I'm not the most graceful thing on two feet).
Thanks!

I have the same problem, I work out on Pergo as well. My step keeps sliding if I don't have a mat below and I slide too doing squats, plie squats, etc.

I have been using a sticky mat/yoga mat, I think I got it at Target, it is pretty large.

I'd be interested if anyone else has any other suggestions. I was already wondering if there is something wrong with me, my shoes, the pergo or what I clean it with. I felt kind of stupid.

I also use a yoga mat. I put it under my step both so that it will not slip and to keep from scratching the floor(don't know if that would happen but just in case). I would recommend that. It also helps with impact, believe it or not, even though it is pretty thin.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.