Silly story - Dixie cups & Plates

Gobias

Cathlete
This is kind of funny:

My girlfriend was remarking how her at-home workout area is always a mess and asked what I do, since she knows I exercise at home. (Odd she has been over numerous times but has never really seen my workout room...guess we always plop in the living room or kitchen). I showed her my custom dumbbell holder - similar to Cathe's so it holds the dumbbells, but also has "baskets" to hold loops, bands and gloves, has a "cavity" to hold a kettle ball, and has a removable shelf to hold discs/paper plates, Dixie cups and anything else. I also have 3 water bottle insulators to keep my water cold on the removable shelf. Next to the dumbbell holder I have a large paper bag to collect my used water bottles to recycle (and I use oodles of water bottles).

She was tinkering around and then asked "Do you eat in here?" I was confused and said "no, I exercise". She then pointed to the paper plate (still had that from before the discs came out), Dixie cups, water bottle insulators and "garbage" next to it all. I laughed and told her those were actually used as workout equipment. She then said she had a vision of me just standing in the corner eating while watching videos.

I never really thought about it, but I guess it does look like I am having a meal with the plate and cups (plus water bottles and "garbage").

Cute story. :) I once found my discs in the dishwasher when I came home after having someone clean my house. :p

I would love to have your custom dumbbell holder. Did you make it yourself? My husband didn't know what I was using my paper plates for either. He would see them and throw them out and so the next time I went to workout, they were gone. I didn't know he was doing this, I thought I was losing my mind. I was blaming my dogs thinking they were playing with them and eating them, I didn't know what to think until I finally asked him. I love to hear everyones weird stories, because that's what life is to me most of the time, weird!!

Ha, both your stories are funny. Glad I am not the only one.

Firemedic - yes, I designed and drew up a dumbbell holder and had a machine shop make it for me. I also drew up a separate double barbell holder for both barbells, plates, vest, and high step. I used to have all of my weights, plates, Bars, discs, gloves, bands, tube, high step, risers, etc splayed all over the place but the neat freak in me was going berserk. I searched all over for a commercially available one but didn't have much luck. I am actually drawing up a contraption to hold my body bars without tearing the soft padding on them. Right now they just lean on the wall. Now if only I could somehow suspend my squat tower from the ceiling to free up some more floor space....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.