Sigh - my poor dog

Mine is too !!!! The first POP and she was gone !! :(
I feel sorry for her. Tomorrow will be even worse.

No fireworks here yet, but when they start, I'm sure my cat Simon will head straight for under the sofa (where he goes when it's about to storm, or when he hears the FedEx truck pull up).

For the first time (so far) this year Muffie hasn't heard them. She is getting old and her hearing is not as good as it used to be. Sad in a way, but I am glad she is not tormented by the noise :)

Akkk! I spoke to soon! The neighborhood bangs and pops have just started, and there goes Simon!

Poor baby!

I have my two fur kids next to me with the TV volume pretty loud. It helps drown out all the big booms.:(
Benadryl makes my male drowsy but has the total opposite effect on my girl.
She's stressing a bit tonight.

No fireworks here yet, but when they start, I'm sure my cat Simon will head straight for under the sofa (where he goes when it's about to storm, or when he hears the FedEx truck pull up).

My cat's name is Simon, too! He's an orange tabby and he hides also. It's pretty quiet here tonight, but tomorrow, look out! My puppies hate them also. We like to go to the main fireworks and take our puppies with us as we feel it's better to have them with, than to leave them home alone to deal with the street fireworks (illegal, but never enforced). :mad:

Poor babies all around! :(

Tricia

Yes my dog Hal hates the fireworks also. He has a problem now tho. We have a new small younger dog who doesn't care anything about fireworks or thunderstorms so Hal has to act like he doesn't care either. But I can see the look in his eyes. It is hard being big brother when your little companion is braver than you. The big test comes in August when our small town has a big fireworks display that goes right over our house. We have a gallery so we have a big party that night to see the fireworks display. It is the best seat in town. Unfortunately for our dogs and cats it is a horrible night spent hiding. The cats do much better with it than the dogs tho.

Yes my dog Hal hates the fireworks also. He has a problem now tho. We have a new small younger dog who doesn't care anything about fireworks or thunderstorms so Hal has to act like he doesn't care either. But I can see the look in his eyes. It is hard being big brother when your little companion is braver than you.

Poor Hal!! Having to "act" brave - but what a great big brother!

We had double trouble here last night because of the firecrackers AND a thunderstorm came up during the night and the wind blew the fan out and crashed onto the floor which woke us all up from a sound slumber-I guess that would be triple trouble. My yorkie is a wreck poor baby. It doesn't bother the other 2 go figure.

Poor fur kids. :( My Gunther was scared to death of fireworks and thunderstorms. He would just shake and shake.

Rascal could care less, thank goodness.

My cat does not seem to be bothered, but he is only 1 year old. Rosie was not bothered until a few years ago. She is 11 now.

Really? I will have to ask my vet about this. Especially since the rain may cause this cracking and popping to extend a few more days.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.