Shoveling does count as a workout...

JT

Cathlete
Hello Friends of the Forum.

If you're blessed enough to live in the midwest, north central states or east coast, shoveling does count as a workout. Working out with Cathe makes the job alot easier and faster. Friday, it was light snow and this afternoon, it was scraping off slush from the driveway while it was raining. We're not out of the storm yet, two more days of high winds and snow.

Winter is finally here.

Shoveling most definitely counts as a workout, probably more so as you far more often hear of people having heart attacks shoveling snow than doing fitness videos. Zoiks!

I shoveled for a solid hour, maybe a bit more, this morning... heavy snow with a crust of ice on top. I burned 450 calories and was drenched when I was done, so he!! yeah, it counts as a workout!

Totally agree. I had the ice on top and it was so deep I actually had to shovel in layers. Did the shoveling on 1/2 of my walk, but when I turned and looked at the other 1/2 adn the drifting, I caved and got out the snow blower. Although handling that monster worked my pecs a bit!

I had to shovel in layers too! No snowblower for me though. Had to do it all by hand. While my SO sat inside and played computer games. *ahem* He owes me big-time ;)

>I had to shovel in layers too! No snowblower for me though.
>Had to do it all by hand. While my SO sat inside and played
>computer games. *ahem* He owes me big-time ;)
>
oh yeah! Make it count ;-)

Hi to all of you Snow blessed Catheites from one here in Minnesota.
Winter is here and I must say the snow looks beautiful.
Drive safely!
Colleen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.