shoes for standing for long period of time

lulu68

Cathlete
Does anyone know of a good shoe that is recomded for people who are standing long period of time. My 18 year old son works at Target, he stands for long period of time. He now uses his running shoes wish he destroys pretty quickly, because his outside doing carts. He is also flat footed, so he complains alot about his back and feet. If anyone knows of a good shoe, please let me know, I would like to get him a working shoe for Christmas, so that he doesn't ruin his running shoes. Thanks!

Nurses are on their feet a lot, and I often see them wearing clogs....not sure of the brand, but I know there's one brand in particular they love. I think we have some nurses who visit these forums, so maybe one can help out with the brand?

It's really nice of you to get good shoes for your son....I'll bet he'll be so much more comfortable!

I wonder if real walking shoes would be good for him? I wear boots on the construction site, I bought them at Big 5. He might try a pair of those with a good insert for support. They don't break down as fast as track shoes.

Nurses are on their feet a lot, and I often see them wearing clogs....not sure of the brand, but I know there's one brand in particular they love. I think we have some nurses who visit these forums, so maybe one can help out with the brand?

It's really nice of you to get good shoes for your son....I'll bet he'll be so much more comfortable!

These clogs are Danskos. Also try Ecco shoes. Born and Sofft shoes. Also try Clarks. Anything with arch support and padded footbeds is what he needs. zappos.com will have all these brands.

Clare

Solomon

Take a look at Solomon Gore-Tex Trail Runners. They wear like iron. REI and Zappo's sell them. Pricey but worth every penny. Sometimes you can find them at Sierra Traders at a discount but not often.

I'm and ES school teacher and spend a lot of time on my feet, crawling around with little ones, dancing with them, etc.

When I can afford the Danskos, I'll treat myself to a pair, but I've found the Merrell Jungle Mocs a less expensive and comfy alternative. I have flat feet and bunions on both feet and they are roomy and nice to my feet. I've paid about $55-$65 for them. As far as I know they don't come in a 'wide' width but even the 'regular' width is comfortable.

Also, try the Skechers website. I've found a couple of 'comfy casual' pairs of shoes there as well.

And that's all I know!

I know lots of people swear by Danskos but I find them to be just plain hard. I also have flat feet - plus I broke the bone on my feet, near my big toes, and ripped 5 ligaments so I have trouble with my feet. What I have found to be life savers are MBT shoes - they are the " rolly" ones. They are expensive, but they wear pretty well and man do they make a difference on my feet, knees, and back. Well worth every penny. I have sneakers and sandals (I live in HI so I pretty much live in the sandals,). I got them when I developed plantar fasciitis and every step hurt and they were the only things I could wear, and now they are still the only thing I wear.

I know lots of people swear by Danskos but I find them to be just plain hard.

I have heard stuff like this before so I completely believe you. Danskos just don't work for some people. A friend of mine couldn't wear hers because they always pulled her socks down and off her ankles! :confused:

It's just like the ladies on this board swear by rykas for their workout but I can't stand them.

I have heard stuff like this before so I completely believe you. Danskos just don't work for some people. A friend of mine couldn't wear hers because they always pulled her socks down and off her ankles! :confused:

It's just like the ladies on this board swear by rykas for their workout but I can't stand them.

Sadly, me neither.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.