Second Round of Insanity

Ivy

Cathlete
I know this has been asked before, but oh well. For those of you who did a second round of insanity, how long did you wait between rounds, like a few weeks or a month? Also, did you start at the beginning again with the shorter workouts or did you just start with the more advanced workouts? I will be finishing up my first round at the end of next week and I think I may like to take a little time off, but they work you so hard and so strong I thought I might go for a second round. Thanks in advance. :D

after the first month i got planter faciitis. i think i'm ok now but next time i will take 2 weeks off and do my pt then do some workouts from the first m0nth then do the second month.

laura

I'm on my first rotation of Insanity and LOVE-LOVE-LOVE IT!!! I'm absolutely positively addicted to it. I have to do in the morning, it starts my day of perfect with an awesome-sweating buckets- workout.

I'm anxious to see the replies to your post because I will definitely do another round of Insanity, but curious how long to wait inbetween, too.

Good Luck - BTW - how were your results after the first rotation?

Thanks
Marcia.

Yeah, it is kind of an addictive workout even though it's so tough. It's like if you have done insanity, you have definitely started your day off right. I'm still waiting for replies from those people who have done this workout twice.

My results are nice so far, I did add weights into the rotation in the second month. I think I'll take a few weeks off and then I'll go back to the rotation again. Just waiting to hear from the others who have done the rotation or are doing the rotation a second time. How long did you guys wait before starting again?

Just starting!!

Hey, I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't be responding, but I just finished my first WEEK of Insanity and I'm in love with Shaun T! You guys are right; this workout is strangely addicting. I have to say I love the shorter length. I sweat buckets and have so much time to do other things after. I have to thank Cathe for preparing me for these workouts or I would never have been able to do them at all! LOL. I am so excited to start my Cathe Shock Cardio, but I'm not sure how to squeeze it all in. I'm thinking of doing a hybrid Cathe/Shaun week this week. That's a lot of cardio though. I would love to hear how others are doing hybrid programs with this series. It is also hard for me to do a 'series' or program where I am doing similar exercises each week -- I usually alternative Cathe and Amy Bento workouts every week.

I may not be able to help you much either, but I'll try. I finished my first round of Insanity the day after Christmas (and loved every minute of it). Right now, I'm doing an STS/Shock Cardio/Insanity hybrid.

I didn't stop doing Insanity workouts when my rotation ended, but I did cut them down to a couple a week. Honestly, my body is thanking me. I love the impact, but I'm getting very different results right now from going back to lifting weights, doing more step cardio, doing more steady state cardio, etc. But I LOVE the two or so Insanity workouts I do a week and actually am finding that I can push myself much harder in them doing them this way than I did during the rotation.

I would suggest you take a few weeks off, maybe try some other workouts for a little while, and maybe incorporate Insanity a bit in that 'break'....but just a little. If your body is anything like mine, it will appreciate the shake-up a bit. And you'll probably be able to push harder when you return to the program. If you do take a few weeks off, I'd go back to the beginning and start the whole thing over.

I LOVE Insanity!!!! Have fun!

Hi Ivy,

I've completed an Insanity rotation as written and LOVE it!!! I then did a mish-mosh week of kettlebells & yoga then did a P90X Classic round subbing Insanity workouts for KenpoX. Then I did another kb, yoga mish-mosh week and now I'm finishing up my first month of P90X+ Classic subbing Insanity for the Interval and Kenpo workouts. I'm finding this rotation to be a little upper body intensive since Insanity includes upper body work as well, but my body has responded well.

Once this P90X+ Classic rotation is done I'm planning another mish-mosh week or 2 and then another full Insanity rotation. I plan to keep Insanity in my rotations for now on especially to keep up my cardio endurance. Also, my next full Insanity round will be as written. HTH :D

Here's another reply that's probably not what you're looking for, but I finished the complete Insanity rotation a few weeks ago and had great results (combined with cleaner diet, I lost 10 lbs, flatter abs, etc.). After finishing, I started a rotation that combines Cathe workouts with one Insanity per week, except last week when I felt that I did so many Shock Cardios that Insanity was overkill! :) The Insanity workouts I choose for this rotation are most often from the second month ("Max" workouts), but I don't rule out first month or even a recovery workout depending on what else I've done that week.

So far I have maintained my results but my diet has slipped on some days...which is inevitable, I guess. My plan is to keep on with the Cathe 5 days/Insanity 1 day-type rotation until I get tired of it, or if I think I need to jumpstart weight loss again. At that point, I'll go back to an Insanity rotation of my own design...4 or 5 days a week plus 1 or 2 Cathes. I don't know that I'll ever do the official Insanity rotation again, just because last time I experienced a lot of dread factor and boredom after the first three weeks or so...they are outstanding workouts, but I have to keep more variety in my rotations.

Hi Ivy,
I completed the Insanity rotation as written I think around the begginning of December. Like you I cannot wait to do it again but because I had such good results I wanted to do something else for a while so my system would jump start when I do the rotation again. I plan on doing it mid April (as a b-day present to me!) and this way be done mid June just in time for bathing suits etc.! So about 3-4 months in between. In the meantime I'm mixing things up with running, kickboxing, kettlebells, some of the shock cardio, Jillian, Lalo and some of Zuzana's workouts from Body Rock.

Hope this helps,
Aggie

I finished round one..in 69 days. I have taken a week off and am starting round 2 today. I lost 28 lbs and 32 1/2 inches. I hope a week was enough.

Hi there! I have been doing insanity off and in and Cathe weights and my fab Hardstrikes plus I like to jog once a week but then I like to do a step workout once in a while. I got insanity to lose weight but I tell u I can't do insanity as written it us too the same every day and I don't know if my knees can take jumping everyday. So. Can I get an idea of how I can do let's say some burn sets or gym style with insanity that can help me lose weight. Or add Hard strikes and one jog for verity ??? I just can not seeme to have enough days a week lol like I like a full body weights once a week and parts next weight day to hit all body parts two times at least bi tris two times and legs and shoulders two back and chest once and I NEED cardio at least four times a week. How would u guys do that? I was thinking on days I do bis n tris I add cardio that day since it isn't a long workout maybe I can add HS that day or a jog. How would u guys do this?

Hi

Hi,

I don't know if this counts but I did an Insanity rotation but not as it was written. I lost 12 lbs. without dieting so I was rather happy with it.

I used STS weights and used the month 1 Insanity workouts for my cardio days
because I was not the kind who would survive that much plyo every day.

So technically it was an STS/Insanity rotation.

After Combat, I plan on an STS/Asylum 2 hybrid and its going to be the short workouts again.

I finished round one..in 69 days. I have taken a week off and am starting round 2 today. I lost 28 lbs and 32 1/2 inches. I hope a week was enough.

Wow! Every time I see results like these and realize I have the set, I think..." That's what you could accomplish IF you a. Do it! or b. Eat right"

Most of the time my problem is the not eating right...lol.

28 lbs!!! You made that set pay for itself in Fat loss!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.