Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum app for the iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

Second Round of Insanity

This is a discussion on Second Round of Insanity within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; I know this has been asked before, but oh well. For those of you who did a second round of ...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Catheite

Default Second Round of Insanity

I know this has been asked before, but oh well. For those of you who did a second round of insanity, how long did you wait between rounds, like a few weeks or a month? Also, did you start at the beginning again with the shorter workouts or did you just start with the more advanced workouts? I will be finishing up my first round at the end of next week and I think I may like to take a little time off, but they work you so hard and so strong I thought I might go for a second round. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:20 PM
Catheite

Just bumping this for a reply.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Cathlete
josiespcah6ojsh's Profile Fields

after the first month i got planter faciitis. i think i'm ok now but next time i will take 2 weeks off and do my pt then do some workouts from the first m0nth then do the second month.

laura
Old 01-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Cathlete

I'm on my first rotation of Insanity and LOVE-LOVE-LOVE IT!!! I'm absolutely positively addicted to it. I have to do in the morning, it starts my day of perfect with an awesome-sweating buckets- workout.

I'm anxious to see the replies to your post because I will definitely do another round of Insanity, but curious how long to wait inbetween, too.

Good Luck - BTW - how were your results after the first rotation?

Thanks
Marcia.
Old 01-15-2010, 07:23 PM
Catheite

Yeah, it is kind of an addictive workout even though it's so tough. It's like if you have done insanity, you have definitely started your day off right. I'm still waiting for replies from those people who have done this workout twice.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:30 AM
Catheite
runfree's Profile Fields

and the results people are getting are suppose to be great. I havent started my yet.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:50 PM
Catheite

My results are nice so far, I did add weights into the rotation in the second month. I think I'll take a few weeks off and then I'll go back to the rotation again. Just waiting to hear from the others who have done the rotation or are doing the rotation a second time. How long did you guys wait before starting again?
Old 01-16-2010, 08:02 PM

Default Just starting!!

Hey, I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't be responding, but I just finished my first WEEK of Insanity and I'm in love with Shaun T! You guys are right; this workout is strangely addicting. I have to say I love the shorter length. I sweat buckets and have so much time to do other things after. I have to thank Cathe for preparing me for these workouts or I would never have been able to do them at all! LOL. I am so excited to start my Cathe Shock Cardio, but I'm not sure how to squeeze it all in. I'm thinking of doing a hybrid Cathe/Shaun week this week. That's a lot of cardio though. I would love to hear how others are doing hybrid programs with this series. It is also hard for me to do a 'series' or program where I am doing similar exercises each week -- I usually alternative Cathe and Amy Bento workouts every week.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:00 PM
Catheite

I may not be able to help you much either, but I'll try. I finished my first round of Insanity the day after Christmas (and loved every minute of it). Right now, I'm doing an STS/Shock Cardio/Insanity hybrid.

I didn't stop doing Insanity workouts when my rotation ended, but I did cut them down to a couple a week. Honestly, my body is thanking me. I love the impact, but I'm getting very different results right now from going back to lifting weights, doing more step cardio, doing more steady state cardio, etc. But I LOVE the two or so Insanity workouts I do a week and actually am finding that I can push myself much harder in them doing them this way than I did during the rotation.

I would suggest you take a few weeks off, maybe try some other workouts for a little while, and maybe incorporate Insanity a bit in that 'break'....but just a little. If your body is anything like mine, it will appreciate the shake-up a bit. And you'll probably be able to push harder when you return to the program. If you do take a few weeks off, I'd go back to the beginning and start the whole thing over.

I LOVE Insanity!!!! Have fun!
Old 01-17-2010, 07:36 AM
Cathlete
HaveFun's Profile Fields

Hi Ivy,

I've completed an Insanity rotation as written and LOVE it!!! I then did a mish-mosh week of kettlebells & yoga then did a P90X Classic round subbing Insanity workouts for KenpoX. Then I did another kb, yoga mish-mosh week and now I'm finishing up my first month of P90X+ Classic subbing Insanity for the Interval and Kenpo workouts. I'm finding this rotation to be a little upper body intensive since Insanity includes upper body work as well, but my body has responded well.

Once this P90X+ Classic rotation is done I'm planning another mish-mosh week or 2 and then another full Insanity rotation. I plan to keep Insanity in my rotations for now on especially to keep up my cardio endurance. Also, my next full Insanity round will be as written. HTH