Ryka Mules

judegirl

Cathlete
Has anyone here ever owned a pair of Ryka mules, or any other sporting type shoe that doesn't have a back? My situation is this: I was recently diagnosed with heel bursitis and my doctor wants to do surgery, but I'd rather wait it out a few months and see if it will heal on its own if I avoid wearing shoes without backs. Right now it only hurts when I wear shoes with backs, but not any other time. Lately I've been trying to do high-rep weight workouts (mostly Jari Love) and minimal, low-impact cardio wearing only socks. I know working out in socks is horrible, but I'm not really sure what else to do, and today the idea occurred to me to maybe look into a pair of aerobics type shoes that didn't have backs. I'm sure they're not ideal, but they've got to be a step up from socks! Plus, I look pretty silly running around outside doing errands with Birkenstocks on in the winter.

Does anyone have any advice on this? Thanks!

I have the Ryka mules (I'm on my second pair) and I love them! They are my shoe of choice when I am not working. I don't wear them to workout in though, I just wear them. I have power walked in them once or twice and they were fine. I think they would be okay for minimal low-impact cardio. Good luck!
Deanie
Deanie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.