running/vacation question

MarlaGaz

Cathlete
In three weeks I'm taking off for Florida and I'll be there for 3 weeks (maybe 4 if I'm lucky). I'm not a runner, but usually when I get down to Florida I run 3 miles down the beach every morning, and then walk back. I really don't think this is smart, so this year I want to change, but I'm not sure what to do.

Here's the other thing: It' just been in the past couple weeks that I've increased my fitness level to a point where I can get completely through Imax 2 and Bootcamp, and I'm terrified that if I don't keep up the intensity I'll come home and not be able to do them.

I'm planning on taking some of my Cathe DVDs and some minimal equipment -- some dumbbells, my step, my stability ball maybe (I can reinflate it down there).

Can you please help me with some ideas? I so very badly want to keep my progress going forward.

I need ideas -- bring it on. THANKS!!! :7

Hi Marla,

If you are able to take your step you should be fine.

If you're worried about losing muscle strength/endurance, 3 weeks shouldn't make too much of a difference.

Enjoy yourself! Muscle memory is a great thing!

Just curious why you won't do the running this time around? I think a change of routine, especially during holidays, is good for your body and mind.

Trish

Running on the beach is GREAT! Why not set goals to run further or longer? If you're sure running on the beach isn't for you, my next favorite substitute is MIC. That video is great cardio workout that you can work up to, and even at advanced cardio fitness level, it still manages to challenge. I love running though, it is a great great cardio workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.