Runners Check in April 5th

gidget1978

Cathlete
HI Girls,

I am up to get my workout in so I thought I could start this.Hope I am not hogging the thread:) :)

Sarah, I read your post last night! Good job on the run! I wanted to run outside on Sat but my running partner was gone and my MP3 player didn't work so it wasn't as appealing to me anymore.Plus i would have had to bundle up so it wasn't worth it unless I could talk to someone.I love running with people...the time flies.

Anyway,I am just doing BC now and tonight after work, I am hoping to do a 6 mile run.We will see how tired I am!
Have a good one!
Lori:)

Hi Lori! You amaze me that you can do both BC and run on both the same day. How long have you been running? Are you following a certain running schedule or training for an event? Sorry about all the questions, just curious what other runners are doing and their experiences.

Today during lunch is another short run, 3 miles. Nothing too exciting. Next week I increase my short run to 3.5 miles.

Have a great day everyone and a terrific run!

Best wishes,

Hi Kristi,

When I am not in a hurry, I usually do a circuit workout with running after every circuit.That way I get more cardio in b/c I am one of those people who likes to do lots of cardio:) But b/c I couldn't do that today,Im gonna try to get my run in tonight.I will admit to you, that I will have to have a little cat nap somewhere today.Maybe when I get off of work at 6:30, I will nap for 20 min and run after DD goes to bed, then I will get a nice bath.Thats my dream evening to me...lets see how it goes;)

I have been running for about 7 yrs...I lost count:) I gained some weight when I met DH so that was the easiest and least expensive way to get the lbs off.I was a single mother and the most I could afford was a pair of sneaks:)
After that I use to run in the summer monthes and do step in the winter.3 christmas's ago DH gave me a treadmill so I have been running yr round since then but I love the outdoors more.I am hoping to get out this weekend sometime.I use to run 6 miles inside and 14 kms outside..but I have increased this yr to 8 miles when I run (normally) but on my long runs I push myself to do atleast 10 miles.
Oh..and I am not training for anything.I wish I were but I am not a competitor and any races are about 3.5 hours from here.I work every 2nd weekend so its a little hard to sign up for anything.

Lori:)

Good morning runners

Lori...I agree running with people can be so fun and Sarah's run sounded great. Hope you get your 6 in tonight

Kristi...do you always run during lunch?

Wendy...give those legs a high impact rest!! See you friday

I'll be doing S&H sho, tri's , bi's, abs and a 5 mile run. Yesterdays run was nice as it wasn't raining. Not so sure I'll be that lucky today!!

Lori - Thanks for answering all of my questions.

Carole - I try to run my 2 short runs & 1 interval run during the week at lunch time and then schedule my long run for Sunday so DH can watch the kids. I'm also trying to fit in 1-2 endurance weight workouts/week. I'm fortunate that my boss is letting me come in 1/2 hour early so I can take 1 1/2 hours for my lunch so I can go home and workout. It is really helping me lose the baby weight and keeping me focused on my training. It also lets me spend more time with my kids at night. As summer approaches, I'm hoping to get up early to get my run in outside while everyone is still in bed.

Wendy - I bet your legs welcome the rest especially after you worked them so hard yesterday with the interval run. Enjoy your rest day from running.

Thanks for answering too Kristi. I think you must do a great job of getting in your workouts and having time for your kids...That is very nice your boss helps out also...:)...

Hello,

I got my 3 miles in this morning and felt pretty successful!

Do most of you run every day? Just trying to establish a routine of some sort.

Thanks,
Jen

Hi Jen...I am running everyday except Saturday as I am training for a couple of long runs and want to get in more miles...:)

Hi Girls, Today was Musclemax for me and then later this afternoon I am going to do a short 3 mile run. It'a a preprogrammed run on my treadmill with varying inclines and speeds. It is actually pretty good run to tack onto my total body days. It burned around 400 calories. Full on run day tomorrow. Great Job last night Sarah!!! Karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Good morning everyone,
We have snowx( but the real problem are the dark clouds and wind today. It is not runner friendly outside. I was going to, like Lori, do a circuit with a run for some extra cardio (I'm feeling "circuity" today:D ) but now I'm thinking that I'm feeling "Hi/Lo" instead. Totally wish I had a treadmill!
Kristi, I would love to run during lunch, heck, I would love to have the time for lunch! But my office hours have been so crowded with students lately, it must give you such energy for the rest of the day!
Jen, three miles! Successful is right. I don't usually run everyday b/c I'm starting to train for a few shorter races and my half isn't planned until the fall, I try to aim for one interval run, one or two shorter steady state runs (usually paired with all body weight workouts) and then a long run on the weekends with DH. These are currently about 10 miles.
Sarah, awesome job on the run last night and as per your other thread, I'm going to wait until the weather is way more spring like before trying the ice baths after the long runs.
Carole, I actually like running in the (warm) rain, if I remember to wear a hat with a brim, it's when the rain hits my face that it really bugs me.
I didn't make it the track last night was I was wiped after work yesterday, but this weekend DH promises he'll come time and coach me for some speedwork.
Check back later,
Mattea

Hi Ladies -

Today I have a 30 min run/walk planned at lunch. I am a member at a gym in my building at work so it is easy to go during lunch, I just take the elevator downstairs. It just stinks to shower and get ready twice a day. I just needed to sleep in today and catch up on some zzzzs so I didn't get my run in this morning.

Hi running Fans-
Wow, I admire all you dedicated running folks!

This morning I took a chance and called a freind who has been running for about a year. I asked her if I could join her. We ran 6 miles. This was is my longest run to date. I will not run tomorrow, but will try this 6 mile route with her again on Friday. It was different and positive running along side a friend, and I hope to do it more often.

Judy "Likes2bfit"

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.
Success is acheived by early preparation

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce94279e1404fa00000016108AatHLZo3buN

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5ce27b3127cce9426d0892

Congratulations to all you wonderful fit runners.....there's just nothing like it! I had a difficult run yesterday, 10 miles of a trail run. I originally intended 12 but couldn't quite manage it.
I am learning not to get discouraged with "bad" runs but to embrace them as a learning experience. I probably went out too strong the first 6 miles, powering up those hills!! Today will be an easy treadmill workout- about 5 miles followed by Muscle Max. I used to run 6 days a week but have cut back to 4 and am doing more cross training. I have also been reading about Chi running and have started to incoporate these techniques. It really seems to be helping. Anyone else tried this?
ShellyC

Good morning,

I'm hoping to get in a four- or five-mile run after work. I haven't worked out at all since Saturday; I have been sick with congestion, sore throat, etc... all that fun stuff. I'm not 100 percent yet but I feel like I need to do something.

Since I started training for the mini I've been running a minimum of four days a week, and the last few weeks I've gone up to five because I really feel like I need to increase my mileage a little more than my training schedule was dictating. The first time I did six- and seven-mile runs, for example, I was completely wrecked afterward and was useless for the rest of the day. But after my recent eight- and nine-mile runs, I've been fine. Tired, of course, but mobile. I don't know if I'll reduce to four days of running a week after the mini... I'm thinking about signing up for another half-marathon in September.

Lori, I am in awe of your workouts!

Judy, great job on reaching the six-mile mark! It's great that it was such a positive experience for you.

Shelly, I haven't heard much about chi running, but I wanted to say that I agree that it's hard not to get discouraged by "bad" runs. I just try to remember that even on a bad run, I'm doing more than a lot of people, and it'll hopefully be better tomorrow. A friend of mine reminds me often that everyone has bad days, even world-class marathoners. No one is a perfect runner. It's kind of comforting to think that even the people in Runners' World sometimes can't breathe right, or they get shin splints or sore hip flexors.

This is such a great check-in. I love having other people to commiserate with about running :)

Take care,

Ellen

Still thinking about my run from last night! My most recent great run always ends up being "my happy place" when I need to relax. I try to re invision certain parts of the run. It really helps me go to sleep!

I did 60 minutes elliptical, then HSTA...but instead of cardio, I dropped and did ab work since I had plenty of cardio at the crack of dawn...not to mention my 9 mile run last night. I will run tomorrow morning on the treadmill. I am a little nervous about it...since I have been doing 2/3 of my running outside, the treadmill is not as comfortable or enjoyable as it use to be. I'll get it worked out...

Someone asked about how often we run...I use to run 5-6 days a week. After several months of that, my body informed me that I am not ready for that yet. I cut back to 3 days a week with high hopes of starting...and finishing, my May marathon injury free!

Great Job Ladies! You're doing so excellent!!

Hi all, I'm a little late getting in today... no running on the schedule for me, as I missed my morning workout when I got to class at 6am and saw that others assumed I would lead 7am as well... x(

Skipping going down to school tonight in favor of a nice long yoga session... ahhh...

The 10k is on Saturday morning, so unless I get in a bitsy run tomorrow morning (unlikely), I'm set with all my running for this week. :( With as rainy as it has been, I don't really mind, though...

Amy,I'm feeling excited your race this weekend, I won't be going 10K, but I am going to try for a better 10 miles than last weekend's dehydration suckholex( But I agree with what Shelly said, not all bad runs are "bad", because this time I'll be armed with some gatorade, water, and a gel.
I'm also interested in "Chi" running techniques, Shelly, sounds very cool.
Sarah, I can imagine it won't be as fun as a night run across the river and back surrounded by friends, but you'll manage:) Maybe listening to new music will help to get your mind off the treadmill?
Mattea

Mattea...I am with you on those ice baths!! I am waiting til our 100 degree summer weather...:)...I actually love running in snow, if it is fresh. I almost always run in a brimmed hat in the rain, hate getting rain in my eyes.

Judy...great idea calling your friend. Running with a friend makes it just a bit nicer!

Amy..I am wishing you luck on your 10K trail run Saturday!! I hope you share all the details.

Well, I had a bit more time this morning and it was cloudy but no rain, so I opted for 6 miles instead of 5. Made me feel much better accomplishing that...:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.