Reviews/comments on Tracey Staehle new Circuit Zone?

rose2boys

Cathlete
ANyone done this yet? I really want to like her, but i don't find myself reaching her workouts that often.

I'm hoping the latest series will be better, i need something motivating to do while i wait for sts..

rose2boys

Keep smiling & sweating!

I'm patiently waiting on my pre-order. I'm expecting it today or tomorrow, HOPEFULLY! I didn't order Circuit Zone, though. I ordered Core Blast, Strike Zone and hi/lo med ball. I'll be interested in the Circuit Zone reviews also!!!

Gayle

I am still waiting for mine too. I think I read that Tracey was sending them in alphabetical order and Saturday she was supposed to send the end of the alphabet. I preordered Strike Zone, Circuit Zone and Core Zone. If you read the checkins on the Hardcore one, Lora did a premix of it this morning and gives a review. I thought that the foam roller portion was going to be longer than what is described so I was disappointed to hear that.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I recieved this this morning part way through Jari's Ripped and chiseled so I had already done legs and back but went ahead and did it anyway. I would say there is not a lot of cardio in this. It does get the HR up through some of it usually during leg work because you do tuck jumps and alternating leg jumps etc.. I think my HR was up and down all over the place LOL Wish I had a HR monitor. I think the second time through will be better as I really think I could use heavier weights than I was using. Most weighted moves were not done at a fast pace or for very long(usually 1 min) Tracey uses the versa loop for some of the leg work. YOu get those jack moves with it from Glute Camp}( She uses a foam roller for some of the balancing but it is not necessary. She also uses it for some of the lying tricep work. Kettle bells are used for tricep extensions and pullovers. Also she only used the BOSU for one move and that was lunges. I doubt I will bother getting it out next time and just use the bench because I kept having to shove stuff out of the way. Also, I think I would have felt the HR more if I didn't keep stopping to take notes for next time. I think I will like this one and use it quite a bit.

Thanks for the review Diane Sue!:) Hopefully mine will be in the mail today. Since the UPS man just delivered my foam roller it would be perfect timing:)

Jacque

Hello
Actually i have done this workout twice and I like it. The first time I was frustrated because she doesn't tell you what is needed before some of the circuits. The one that comes to mind is in one circit you need a bench and weights for the chest press. But it just starts there, there was no way for me to get my equipment out and ready so I had to stop the DVD. So several times I had to stop get my equipment out etc. which I hate to do. I did it again this morning but had everything out so only stopped once. Once I remember what is coming up it shouldn't bother me. I'm actually feeling it in my legs today. I wish there was a little more upper body work. I do like it though.
Also I'm not sure I like how it was filmed. It seems dark to me, I don't mind that it looks like an old building, but the exercisers almost seem to be in shadows.
I also have done her core zone and like it also. You can easily make up your own routine, it's broken down in different sections; abs with med ball, abs with bosu, abs on the ball.
On the whole, I like this workout better that some of her past ones.
Jen

I just wanted to add, I used heavier weights than they did and followed Jill. It was tough balancing on one leg doing the (red) versa loop exercises. I do not have a foam roller, but am thinking of doing that tricep section on my bosu.

Ditto to the above comments. I felt the lower body work was adequate, but it lacked in upper body. I also felt she pulls out too much equipment, ie the Kettlebell for 2 exercises you don't even need one for and the Bosu lunges. I probably won't bother pulling my Bosu out either. I only did the 50" premix for total body, but added on the warmup and then I rolled on my Foam Roller longer. I was very disappointed in the short Foam Roller segment. Like Diane Sue - it takes me a few times to get used to a workout and see where I need to modify up or down, etc. I'm sure I'll find ways to make it suit my needs better as I do it.

I'll definitely add ankle weights to the standing leg kicking drills next time for intensity.

RE: HR's. It wasn't a huge calorie burner. The segments where you do tuck jumps, etc are short and sparse......my HRM only stated I burned 400 calories which isn't that great. My HR stayed pretty low for most of the weight lifting.

I've done the lower body and upper body premixes.

I did the upper body premix twice in a row because it's short. I liked doing it that way, but if I only had a short amount of time I think I would use upper body work from Body Max or BM2 because they seem more thorough to me. This was fun for variety, though.

I'm not sure about the lower body premix. Some parts were challenging for me and others weren't. I might have to do it again and figure out what sections were best and only use those parts.

Erica

I did Circuit Zone yesterday. It is a good weight workout. It alternates lower body work, and upper body work. It also has a few bonus sections if you want xtra leg work or tricep work, and I think it was shoulder work. The one thing I didn't like was her camera angles in the warmup. They just seemed odd to me. To far away and then up close. The workout itself was good and time went by fast. She moves very quickly from circuit to circuit, so your first few tries might be crazy until you know the moves and can be organized.

I'm finally getting a chance to give a quick review. Overall, I like the circuit; it has a P90X feel to it. The set is basic, a little dark but not bad. There are some shadows but that doesn't bother me. I agree with Jenn about the camera angles in the warm-up. I wish there was some more info. about approx. weight to use and what equipment to have ready. She does say in one of the segments to choose a weight you can handle with good form for a minute. There is more lower body work than upper body work. Tracey often walks around and gives form pointers which I like. The circuit is kickbox oriented which I happen to love. I felt some segments were tough but overall not too tough. I used 8's, 12's, 15's & 20's and a red versa loop. I plan to up the weight in some segments and use my blue band the next time I do it. I thought the foam roller segment was too short. She only rolled the lower body. I love foam rolling and was hoping for more. I guess I'm greedy. ;)

A friend in fitness,
Shirl

I'm still waiting for mine and I'm a bit annoyed. I live in CT so it shouldn't have taken this long, not to mention I ordered right away. If I don't get it today I'm sending off a nasty email.

RE: Reviews/comments on Tracey Staehle new Circuit Zone...

I did both core and circuit and liked both. I like the set, has an old 1930's gym like look. It is not polished and i like that for a change. Tracey is having fun and is very natural. Core is great as it has no dread factor but does the job and circuit is fun and goes by so fast. I did all of circuit and went back and did upper body again. Next time i will go heavy. I liked the leg work and drills in this one! I am very happy with both! Cannot wait for strike zone! These new Tracey's feel like you are working out with a personal trainer and that is something i have never felt from a home video before.

>I'm still waiting for mine and I'm a bit annoyed. I live in CT so >it shouldn't have taken this long, not to mention I ordered right >away. If I don't get it today I'm sending off a nasty email.

I'm pretty sure that Tracey shipped in alphabetical order, so if your last name starts with W, you would be one of the last to be shipped.

Erica

Yeah I heard that too. I just wish she shipped according to order number, like Cathe does. I know it's ridiculous to get worked up over. I just hope I like the workouts because I've never done a Tracey before.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.