remember Caruso Steam Curlers??

dania

Cathlete
My hair was super short for several years, but I recently grew it out. I remembered my Caruso steam hairsetter thingy and thought I'd dig it out of storage. I forgot how much I love this thing! I can't believe how fast the curls set and how soft my hair is when I use it. I used the rollers in my MIL hair, and she loved it so much that she went out and bought one for herself (they still sell 'em at Sally's).

Anyone else remember these?

dani

OMG! As a kid, my Mom had a set of heat rollers (definitely not steam) that she'd use on us for picture time, dance recitals, etc. I wonder if she still has them?

They sorta looked like this, but imagine something made in the '60s. ;)

rem2020i_small.jpg

ETA: I don't recall the hair setting process being fun.

Yep. My mom still uses hers. Me? My hair does not hold curl at all no matter what I do to it. Well back in the 80's it would hold curl because I used about a can of hairspray a day on it!

That's funny, I just dug my set out recently and the foam on the rollers had disintegrated. I guess I've had them longer than I thought!

Traci

I still have mine and use it sometimes. I did have to replace the rollers though because the foam fell apart. Still works great.

Jean

My Mom would use these on me sometimes when I was younger! I hated them! Made me look just like her and, back then, that was just not cool! ;)
On holidays, she would use those sponge curlers on me overnight and I'd have really long ringlets! My hair was down to my butt back then!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.