Recommendation for (in)stability ball brand

Amadeus

Cathlete
Okay, got the Living Arts Stability ball at Target, $25.00. Came with it's own little hand pump. Yay! I blew it up with the neat little hand pump. This took me a good half hour. I put the ball aside for a few weeks of dvd anticipation and it's lost a good deal of air. Is this how these thangs should behave? OR is mine lame? Do they need to be re-inflated on a regular basis?

If you have a brand you're particularly happy with, shout it out. The one I have is not as big in circumference as others I have seen. I'd prefer the big one. (Wow, that could really be misintrepreted.) Guess I like big balls.:-wow (Sorry I couldn't resist.)

Thanks all!

Julie

Hi Julie

You are TOO funny! I just wanted you to know that I got a Weider stability ball and absolutely love it. It's the perfect size and it hasn't lost even a smidge of air.

Our Living Arts stability ball needs to be reinflated about every few weeks. You have the right size if you can sit on it with your upper thighs parallel to the floor & your lower legs at a right angle to your thigh. Sorry, but this is one case where bigger isn't always better!

The Living Arts tapes are a good intro to a stability ball. The ab exercises are Pilates based, so they're as hard as you make them. The exercises might seem too easy if one is unfamiliar with Pilates techniques.

Debra

I've owned and used my stability ball for about 1 1/2 years and have never had to put more air in it. Unfortunately I am not sure what brand mine is. I think I bought it at ##### Sporting Goods.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jan-15-03 AT 05:19PM (Est)[/font][p]I haven't noticed my stability balls (yes, that's right, I have more than one) losing much air at all. Now, my Bosu is another matter. It goes flat within a few days (must have a small leak somewhere). If you like big balls (tee hee), I just got a cool-looking ball with knobs on (do you like knobby balls?) at QVC. It's 65cm (the smaller ones are 55 cm), and the knobs could help with traction, besides being kind of cute! It's a pretty blue, is by Reebok (notice how the color seems more important than the brand?)and comes with a pilates video and a pump.

Edited to read: Oh yeah, it also was around $24.

I got my silver colored ball from Karen Voight's site. We have an air compressor so we didn't need an air pump. It doesn't lose air and Karen has them in 2 sizes. Very durable!

When I got the ball I also bought the poster, "The Sleek, the Strong," which is a photo taken of Karen 20 years ago now! It says 1983 on it. My how time flies.

http://www.karenvoight.com/toolset.html

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.