Ready to get back!

Tonight I felt like I had to post and let some of my feeling out hoping it will help things. I have not posted in weeks after loving to checkin everyday and talk to you other cathe addicts. I have been depressed and really down on my self lately and it has just withdrawn me from everybody and everything. I haven't been able to do any cardio or any high impact exercising. The most I have been able to do is upperbody and floorlegs. This has been going on since May due to a foot injury and it finally reached it's peak with me. Cardio was my favorite thing to do especially doing cathes,and right now I don't feel like doing nothing. I haven't exercised in weeks and have been stress eating badly. As of right now I have gained 15 pounds since May. I get depressed because I can't exercise and then I eat terribly and get depressed because I have just eaten like sh*t! It is a never ending cycle. I look like I am 3 mths. pregnant and my behind is getting bigger. I am tired of wallowing in my own pity. I am tired of feeling sorry for myself! I told myself tonight that I wanted to start exercising tomorrow and checking back in here so I can get back to some sanity. This is still not easy for me but I am willing to at least try now!

I guess I am asking for some encouraging words to get me back into the swing of things. I have missed being away from this forum and hated that I had to be away from here and other people in my life. I haven't been the best person to live with in the past month. But I am ready to change all of that.

Thanks for any encouragement to can throw my way!

kim

kim

lets first get you back working out. pick up with your upper body workout and floor work legs like you were. and ween yourself off that junk food as of right now. when can you do cardio again???if you can do cardio start with some walking the move on to low impact step work,kickboxing and build yourself up. do you like yoga or pilates? i did alot of that when i hurt my knee and couldn't do cardio at all. kept me flexible,strong, and cleared my mind of any negative thoughts about not being able to exercise properly.

came back to edit-i didn't mean exercise properly i meant it as couldn't exercise the way i wanted to

you have made the step for saying you are ready now take step 2 and do it, we are here.

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

Kim, I am so glad to see you on the boards again!! I have thought about you often but had no way to get in touch with you. Kassia gave you some wonderful advice. Believe me I know the vicious cycle that you talk about all too well, I think a lot of us do. Start with baby steps but it is important to start. You have to do something, if only 15 to 20 minutes a day and build yourself back up.

Again, it is so good to "see" you again.

Hi Kim! I agree with Kassia as well...take it slow and remember that something is better than nothing especially if doing nothing makes you feel so badly.

Get back to checking in on a daily basis and you'll be back on track in no time.

Hang in there...

~Marietta
FITXME
http://www.picturetrail.com/fitxme

Hi Kim!!

I'm pretty new to these forums -- but everyone is soooo right, checking in with these ladies will get you motivated!!

You said you haven't exercised, you are eating terribly... it is a never ending cycle. You are right -- it is a cycle -- but NOT a never ending one -- all you have to do is break it!! All it takes is ONE work out - one day of eating right - one day to make yourself feel better -- just do it!! :)

Kim - it is a struggle for a lot of us -- please don't feel alone and don't be so hard on yourself!!! Break that "never ending" cycle today!!! :)

Michelle

Stay with it, Kim. I got motivated to go back by Miss Robin and the CTX Rotation results. I could barely finish a beginner workout 3 months ago and I am doing great now and back to my old self. I also had some surgery and was off for 3 months last year and then ended up stalling for a few more until I had no pants left that fit.

Injuries heal and in the great scheme of things a few months off isn't that much. Just stay with what you can do. Even if you don't work out that day - CHECK IN ANYWAY. There are plenty of folks who post or read who hardly ever work out, but come for the support!

Coming forward is a great idea - hang in there. There are plenty of folks here who have been in the same boat and will throw you a life jacket.

Melissa

Keep your head in line. Your butt will follow.

http://www.picturetrail.com/pellmel

KIMMY! I am so glad you're back. I know what you are going thru after posting with you in the checkins. You need to take this one day at a time. Do the workouts that you can. You know it's going to take some time but YOU CAN DO IT. If you want to eat junk, post it. Believe me I know how it is to just say oh I'll just have this and and then you feel bad because you ate something bad and make yourself feel better by having more. That is the vicious cycle.
I agree with Michelle. You can break the cycle. It only takes a few days of eating right to start feeling better and get back on track. You just have to try not to give in. Fight through the cravings and they WILL go away. You will not feel better if you eat something bad you will feel WORSE and WORSE and WORSE!
You have done this before and I have total faith in you that you will do it again and get back on your fitness track. You have overcome a lot with that foot Kim and you are doing great. You just have to stick with it. And if you slip up, you start over. But YOU can do this and WE will help you!
Chin up! Once you've hit bottom, the only place to go is UP!

Kali

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/img/bar-retro/cartoonblob01/lb/175/130/143/.png[/img] [/url]

www.PictureTrail.com/kkali

Kim!!! Howdy!!!! I am so happy to see you back here!!! Just out of curiousity, did you ever go to anyone else about your foot to get it checked out? I know how disheartening that can be, and I am so sorry! But it is great to see you back and motivated!!!

I agree with Kali, post whenever you feel like eating something grody! Honestly, whenever I just THINK about posting, I end up not eating crud because just thinking about accountability is good enough sometimes! Then I will grab some vaggies or fruit instead.

Is there any cardio that you are cleared to do? Or are you "allowed" to do your pt exercises at home yet? (I still that that is silly :p ).

You can do this!!! The first day is the hardest (you should have seen me when I started the no sugar challenge. I was pacing in the kitchen almost in tears!). After the first week, you will be flying ! :)

Missy

Hey Kim! Stick with us! We are all here for you and you are going to get better soon and you will get back on track!
You have plenty of friends here...

I have to agree with everyone who already replied. I just wanted to send you some extra encouragement!! Don't forget you were a fit person before and you remain a FIT person now. I think the real difference between someone who is physically and mentally fit and someone who isn't, is their ability to overcome these cycles once they are in them. We ALL get into slumps when we eat poorly and don't exercise. The secret to our success is not that we DON'T fall off the fitness wagon, it's the fact that we ALWAYS get back on when we do. So start slowly and you'll be back to yourself in no time!!
You can do it!!

Carolyn

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for you encouraging words. You have really put me in a different frame of mind! This will not be easy for me but I will take it slowly and take one day at a time. I am actually looking forward to exercising tonight. I want to do CTX upperbody workout. That one is a toughy huh?

Missy I can't do any cardio at all still right now. That includes the bike treadmill and especially tapes. All I do at pt is stretch,do leg presses and get a foot massage and I'm finished. I feel like it is all for nothing! I was going twice a week but cut it down to once because I have hit a plateau to where my foot isn't getting worse but it isn't progressing either! I am not going to pay all the money when I am not going forward. They basically told me that what they are doing now is all they can do! I ask them if i should visit my doctor and they said wait until my appt. in feb. They also said this could take up to a year to heal and it has already been seven months! Seven months I haven't done any cardio, that is depressing huh? But I am not letting it get me down anymore!

Thanks again everyone for the support you're giving me!

kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.