Rave about Nike Frees

DeanaMax

Cathlete
I just bought a pair of Nike Free sneakers. I love them!! They are so comfortable I don't want to take them off my feet. I'm going to sleep in them.

Anyone else have Frees? i wish I knew about these sooner.

Ever since they discontinued my Ryka Enlight II's I haven't been able to find a shoe that I like. I used to buy them from WalkingSue on Ebay but even SHE doesn't carry them anymore. :( The sneakers I wear have such an impact on my workouts--my knees especially. I've had a LOT of knee pain since I switched from the Enlight II's to the Ryka Crosstrainers.

Do you wear these when you run or do you use them for step/kickbox/etc.? They sound like they may be just what I'm looking for!

They have Nike Free running shoes and cross trainers. I have the cross trainers. I would run in them. They breathe and you don't have to wear socks with them. The 5.0 have less support, the 7.0s have more support.

Last edited:
I. LOVE. My Frees!!

I've been using them for running, step, kickbox, whatever for more than a year now, and I am OBSESSED with them. I have the 5.0 running shoes, just got the cross-trainers a month ago (love), and I am wearing the cute little Mary Janes right now.

I never liked Nike running shoes. They never fit me properly (the toes were always a bit narrow). So, I was surprised when they released the Free line and suddenly owned my feet forever.

Lisa

Where can I find them???? I have nissed my Ryka's, but they were discontinued and haven't found anything comparable. Do they run to size.
Is there a web site
thanks elliemom :D:D:D

Hi there;

You can get them at the Nike online store, but I got my latest pair at Zappos.com.

Also, brick-and-mortar stores like Finish Line and Foot Locker sometimes carry special colors of the Frees. My friend got some dark brown and bronze ones there a couple years ago that I covet to this day. I got some cute brown and blue ones at a Nike store in an outlet center.

They're great, but they're very different than most athletic shoes: you're supposed to work your way into them. The first few times I ran in them my feet felt super-tired - I guess the idea is that they're little gyms for your feet, and that if you train your feet, you're less prone to lower leg injuries.

For my part, I used to use high-end running shoes (Asics 2300 series, Gel Kayano, various NB) and got shinsplints all the time. Now I only wear these and I don't get shinsplints anymore. I have added a lot of totally barefoot training, too.

Lisa

As far as the size go, the 7.0s run large. I wear a 6.5 shoe and a 7 sneaker... I bought a size 6.5 and they fit great. I don't wear socks with them, though i could and the 6.5s would still fit. I understand the 5.0s run a little smaller and since i don't have them, I cannot speak to those.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.