A quote I wanted to share

aveggiegirl

Cathlete
I read this at a church yesterday and thought everyone might like this.

"If you aren't grateful for what you have, at least be grateful for what you have been spared."

Sorry, I don't know who the author is.

I do like this, VeggieGirl! Sorta reminds me of a conversation I had with some 18/19 year olds one evening last year. (They were away at university so far from home). I said: you've come to the end of another day and have NOT had a message that a family member/friend has been jailed, diagnosed with serious illness, been in an accident, or passed away so good fortune is not always about what you're 'getting' but rather recognising the peace of mind you already have. :)

"If you aren't grateful for what you have, at least be grateful for what you have been spared."

Very good one, something to keep passing on for sure!

That is a great one...reminded me of one I heard recently...

“We have no right to ask when a sorrow comes, 'Why did this happen to me?' unless we ask the same question for every joy that comes our way.”

Both are great quotes. Here is another one I saw just the other day. Keep in mind it is not nearly as thought provoking as the previous two but it made me stop and think even if only for a moment.

"Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it won't get you anywhere."

Both are great quotes. Here is another one I saw just the other day. Keep in mind it is not nearly as thought provoking as the previous two but it made me stop and think even if only for a moment.

"Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but it won't get you anywhere."

I like your quote mabdoo, because I'm one of the biggest worryworts. :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.