Question for STS Veterans

momto4

Cathlete
I've done STS 3 times, as the program was designed. I'm thinking of doing it again, but this time skipping meso1. What do you think, have any of you done just meso 2 & 3?
Most recently I've done XTrain, I just feel like STS is calling my name again, but meso 1 isn't my favorite. Just curious to hear the replies.
Thanks.

Hi Momto4.

I must admit that Meso 3 is my least favorite. I adore Plyo Legs and the Squat Rack routine but I really dread the Meso 3 upper body days. Because of that, I've done two STS rotations where I just did Meso 1 + Meso 2, and skipped Meso 3 entirely. I loved it! While that's not exactly what you're proposing to do, it's the same idea and I say go for it. STS is so versatile. I've used the workouts in a million different ways. No need to just stick to the original 3 month plan!

I love M1, so I wouldn't skip it. Love the legs! OWIE!!! I've done STS several times, the long one, the short one (a couple times) and one of Cathe's undulating ones.

My faves are the short rotation and one I did. The one I did was the first week of each Meso, then a rest week, then the second week of each Meso, then a rest week, and so on. I got good results, and kept it mixed up and boredom free.

M1W1,M2W1,M3W1 rest
M1W2, M2W2, M3W2, rest
M1W3, M2W3, M3W3, rest - this one is a doozy
M1W4, M2W4, M3W4 - done!!!

Nan

I would not consider myself an STS veteran since I only did the rotation once :eek:. However I often revisit M1 Legs (LOVE), M2 Legs & UB, and Plyo Legs. My only gripe about M3 UB is that the w/o's are too long :(. I don't see any problems with you doing just
M2 & 3. Endurance ain't really my thing either :eek:. Bottom line: what could be better than hypertrophy and strength? ;)

Natasha

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.