Question about reviews on videofitness.com

BAM

Cathlete
I am not a member of videofitness.com but I like to read their reviews. Their New Reviews page has reviews dating back to July. Is there a method to finding reviews that you might be interested in but don't have the time or inclination to look through the myriad of reviews you have to scroll through on that page? Why does it take them so long to place the reviews with the actual title? Just one of those things that make you go hmmmmmmmmm but is very frustrating! x(

Thanks.
Bam

I find the reader forums - general discussions - a better place to get information. I just do a search and read the discussions that come up.

Thanks Christine! I guess I'll have to get used to their site, something I'm not looking forward to since when it comes to websites, I like extreme simplicity and like to stick with what I know. I don't enjoy it when I have to learn the ins and outs of a new site. I know, I know. I'm a fuddy duddy! :p

Bam

O.K., that site totally confuses me.....which doesn't take much! x( I think I'll stick to what I know.....which isn't much! :7

Bam

The new reviews page is frustrating. I like to either do a search or go to the instructor index. Most of the time, the list of workouts under instructor is very thorough and easier to use.

>>The new reviews page is frustrating. I like to either do a search or go to the instructor index. Most of the time, the list of workouts under instructor is very thorough and easier to use.<<

Unfortunately the new reviews aren't listed yet under the instructor. They obviously sit on the new reviews page for months so there's information that could be useful to you but who wants to scroll through that horrible system to find it. I don't know why they don't make it more user friendly. x(

Bam

I'm sure it is an extremely time consuming project to keep the reviews organized and up to date and the people who work on the site have jobs and lives. The site is also open to members and non members alike, so many people view reviews without contributing to the support of the board as a whole. I do agree it takes awhile to scroll through "new" reviews that encompass months (and I rarely do so), but until I'm willing to be involved in doing the actual work, I accept it for what it is and if I want the "lowdown" on a workout or instructor, I pose a question on the forum itself, just like someone has already stated.

When I'm on the New Reviews page, I use my browser's 'find' function (ctrl + F) to quickly search the page for a particular word.

1. While holding down the 'control' (crtl) key tap the 'f' key, this will bring up a 'find' window (or bar) where you can type the last name of the instructor you're looking for.

2. In Internet Explore click the "Find Next" button or in Firefox click the "next" button. The first mention of the instructor's name will then be "found" and highlighted.

3. Check which video this is a review of, if it's not the one you're looking for, click the "Find Next" or "Next" button again. As you can guess, this will highlight the next mention of the instructor's name. You can continue this way through the entire New Reviews page.

Sometimes the instructor has tons of videos recently reviewed (like Cathe,) in this case using a word from the title is helpful, like "Max" or "Blast", something that won't be found in every review.

In Internet Explorer a "finished searching the document" window will pop up when the entire page has been searched. In Firefox a little note will appear in the Find bar that says "reached end of page...".

Hope this helps and wasn't too confusing.

Nadine

Nadine, may I just say that..........I LOVE YOU!!!!!! Thank you SOOOOOOOOOO much for this info. It's going to help me out a lot. Thanks for suggesting something that I can actually do and WORKS!!!!! You just made my cyber life less stressful!:* :)

Bam

>Nadine, may I just say that..........I LOVE YOU!!!!!! Thank
>you SOOOOOOOOOO much for this info. It's going to help me out
>a lot. Thanks for suggesting something that I can actually do
>and WORKS!!!!! You just made my cyber life less stressful!:*
>:)
>
>Bam

You're very welcome Bam! I know the first time I saw that page it was so overwhelming. I'm just happy you could understand my post since I wasn't sure I had made any sense. :)

I'm glad I could help with your cyber-stress, now.....can you help me with real-life stress? :p

Nadine

>>I'm glad I could help with your cyber-stress, now.....can you help me with real-life stress? :p

Nadine <<

Nadine, throw it at me. I'm really great at helping OTHERS with their real-life stress! :7

Bam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.