The Purple Hat

lladehawk

I promise I won't do this often girls...but I know that fitness involved a lot more than just flexing our beautiful muscles...and this little excerpt is just so wonderful I thought you might all like to read it...a good way to recenter ourselves.

And thanks for indulging me. :-rollen

THE PURPLE HAT

When a woman looks in the mirror.... Age 3: She looks at herself and sees a Queen!

Age 8: She looks at herself and sees herself as Cinderella/Sleeping Beauty.

Age 15: She looks at herself and sees herself as Cinderella/Sleeping Beauty/
Cheerleader or if she is PMS'ing sees Fat/Pimples/UGLY ("Mom I can't go to
School looking like this!")

Age 20: She looks at herself and sees "too fat/too thin, too short/too tall,
too straight/too curly" - but decides she's going anyway.

Age 30: She looks at herself and sees "too fat/too thin, too short/too tall,
too straight/too curly" - but decides she doesn't have time to fix it, she's
going anyway.

Age 40: She looks at herself and sees "too fat/too thin, too short/too tall,
too straight/too curly" - but says, "At least, I'm clean" and goes anyway.

Age 50: She looks at herself and sees "I am" and goes wherever she wants to
go.

Age 60: She looks at herself and reminds herself of all the people who can't
even see themselves in the mirror anymore. She goes out and conquers the
world.

Age 70: She looks at herself & sees wisdom, laughter and ability, goes out
and enjoys life.

Age 80: She doesn't bother to look. She just puts on a purple hat and goes
out to have fun with the world.

Send this on to all the women you are grateful to have as friends. Maybe we
should all grab that purple hat a little earlier!

The beauty of a woman Is not in the clothes she wears, The figure that she
carries, or the way she combs her hair. The beauty of a woman must be seen
within her eyes, Because that is the Doorway to her heart, The place where
love resides. The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole. But true
beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she
lovingly gives, the passion that she shows, And the beauty of a woman with
passing years only grows!

YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN!!

Aaahhh! I appreciate the sentiment, but hope I don't have to look at a bunch of old ladies in purple hats any time soon. Please, can we all just keep a little good taste as we get saggy and blind?

My mother wore combat boots!!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-24-01 AT 06:01PM (Est)[/font][p]my mother who was an aritist, a model, a ballerina and marathon runner ... remarked upon for her beauty until she died..

said the heck with all that and donned sweats and combat boots sometime after age 50....

ok, so she was an ccentric too. :)

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-25-01 AT 07:19AM (Est)[/font][p]Yes! Be not afraid to say what you want (kindly, of course) and wear what you want! I am 51 and decided that this summer I would wear baseball shirts! The negative remarks that we hear are usually from the ones who have no gumption to do anything out of the norm.

Be bold, lift heavy weights and wear a purple baseball cap while you're doing it!

P.S. I don't have combat boots, but I DID buy a pair of cami pants from an army/navy store to wear with sweaters this winter! Redheads look good in khaki green!

I agree with you HB...people have no idea how much they are missing out on life by following the crowd...and we usually cannot tell them either. I think New Years Day about four years ago...I made a resolution to be more eccentric...meaning to be comfortable with who I was...an artist and a free thinker. And gradually, I am surrounding myself with people who espouse that attitude and also trying to limit my exposure to people who do not. It carries through on all levels of our lives, really. Having control not just over our bodies but our spiritual and socail interactions and being comfortable with who we are as a person.

Well, then with all that said, I am off to lift weights.

Have a good weekend all.

I will be in the middle of moving next week so probably won't get back here for a bit til I can unbury myself from boxes.

Take care. :-shy

Kathleen

Kathleen, just wanted to say that was great and I will be sharing it with my girlfriends. Have a good day.. Mary

Thank you Mary.

It doesn't really take much to be happy. I espouse a very simple lifestyle now...compared with what it was five years ago...and am so much happier. We tend to make our lives so complicated...with material possessions and meeting others expectations...

Of course, I am at the age where my life is my own...more or less...my daughter is grown (although still financially dependent on me)...and I have a lot of freedom, outside of meeting my basic living needs, to be who I want to be...so every day is an adventure...and that is what really makes our lives to rewarding and interesting.

Redhead looks GREAT in anything!!!!

I was of the "headband and moccassin" crowd in the 60's...and probably am migrating back that way. This small town I live in is close to New York City...about 150 miles...and we are trying to encourage some of the artists from the city to live here who cannot afford the city anymore. Housing is very cheap...it is an old old town with not much going on...but a beautiful area geographically and we draw a lot of wealthy people in the summer. What a better place to have an artist's commune to rejuvenate a dieing community

Getting back to clothing...we have two artists that have just moved here...in their 50's...bought up one of the big mansions for $20,000 (no, that isn't a typo)...and just do their art...he is painter and she is a sculptor...and I just dearly love their attitude toward life...and how they dress...devil may care...they are just an incredibly healthy influence on me. In retrospect, my former husband of 30 years would travel one hour to a store to buy a certain type of white shirt that had closer stitching on the collar...(yes, ladies, I was insane!!!)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.