Pull up Bar breaks my door!

darine

Cathlete
Hello

I've been using a pull up bar at my door for P90X. I finished the 3rd week and I noticed that the door is crooked and have a big crack on the top!

Now, we are renting this house and I have to say that it feels that the house is going to break. It's a beautiful luxirious house... but obviously need renovation and was not built strong.

But I was wondering if any of you ever had that problem. Is it really the house or pull up bars at the door are a bad idea.

thx
Darine

I believe you're supposed to mount the pullup bar on the door frame--were you hanging your bar from the actual door?

no no... i meant door frame

I mean my door frame is crooked and have a crack... sorry... bad english LOL

Hello

I've been using a pull up bar at my door for P90X. I finished the 3rd week and I noticed that the door is crooked and have a big crack on the top!

Now, we are renting this house and I have to say that it feels that the house is going to break. It's a beautiful luxirious house... but obviously need renovation and was not built strong.

But I was wondering if any of you ever had that problem. Is it really the house or pull up bars at the door are a bad idea.

thx
Darine

I am bummed to read this. My husband has been so against me getting a pull-up bar for fear that it will damage the door, so I continue using the bands instead.

Monica

no no... i meant door frame

I mean my door frame is crooked and have a crack... sorry... bad english LOL

Really? I've been using mine for about a year now and my 185# dh uses it also. We have had NO problem, and I never added the brackets in the door frame either. Sorry you've had problems w/ it!

How do you use the band? What do you attach it to? Does it make you work as much.... would say no but I hope I am wrong. I have bands... may be I should do that instead. But I've been loving the pull up

This is why those hook-on bars make me so nervous! I had one break my door frame too. I just installed a heavy duty pullup bar in my basement w/brackets, anchors AND bolts (just in case I gain another 10 lbs LOL). Living alone makes me really cautious about this stuff--I can just see myself breaking a leg & lying on my basement floor for a week, until my dogs decide they're too hungry to wait any longer & have a LauraMax buffet. :eek:

Yeah I know, TMI. Get yerself a pullup bar w/brackets & bolts! Please!

max buffet

This is why those hook-on bars make me so nervous! I had one break my door frame too. I just installed a heavy duty pullup bar in my basement w/brackets, anchors AND bolts (just in case I gain another 10 lbs LOL). Living alone makes me really cautious about this stuff--I can just see myself breaking a leg & lying on my basement floor for a week, until my dogs decide they're too hungry to wait any longer & have a LauraMax buffet. :eek:

Yeah I know, TMI. Get yerself a pullup bar w/brackets & bolts! Please!

roflmao!!!!!

of course if that really happened it would be really sad. . .

Forgive me if this is a stupid question - was your pullup bar like the Iron Gym one that has been discussed here? I'm thinking of purchasing one - but am worried that it will ruin my door frame and perhaps I should get one that mounts instead?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.