Cathe Friedrich Forums

Want our Forums on the go?
Get Cathe’s forum on your mobile device.

Go Back   The Cathe Nation > Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums > Open Discussion

Open Discussion Talk about anything you like in this forum including other videos you like or dislike.We would like to once again remind everyone that we donít allow posts from people whose end purpose is to sell or promote other companies DVDs. We want open discussion to continue to be used by fitness enthusiast and our customers who want to openly and honestly discuss fitness DVDs, not to be used by other companies to promote their website or sell their products.

Pull up Bar breaks my door!

This is a discussion on Pull up Bar breaks my door! within the Open Discussion forums, part of the Cathe Friedrich Fitness Forums category;; Hello I've been using a pull up bar at my door for P90X. I finished the 3rd week and I ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Cathlete
darine's Profile Fields

Default Pull up Bar breaks my door!

Hello

I've been using a pull up bar at my door for P90X. I finished the 3rd week and I noticed that the door is crooked and have a big crack on the top!

Now, we are renting this house and I have to say that it feels that the house is going to break. It's a beautiful luxirious house... but obviously need renovation and was not built strong.

But I was wondering if any of you ever had that problem. Is it really the house or pull up bars at the door are a bad idea.

thx
Darine
Old 10-13-2008, 11:00 AM
Cathlete
crazystepr's Profile Fields

I believe you're supposed to mount the pullup bar on the door frame--were you hanging your bar from the actual door?
Old 10-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Cathlete
darine's Profile Fields

no no... i meant door frame

I mean my door frame is crooked and have a crack... sorry... bad english LOL
Old 10-13-2008, 01:56 PM
moni_stout

Quote:
Originally Posted by darine View Post
Hello

I've been using a pull up bar at my door for P90X. I finished the 3rd week and I noticed that the door is crooked and have a big crack on the top!

Now, we are renting this house and I have to say that it feels that the house is going to break. It's a beautiful luxirious house... but obviously need renovation and was not built strong.

But I was wondering if any of you ever had that problem. Is it really the house or pull up bars at the door are a bad idea.

thx
Darine
I am bummed to read this. My husband has been so against me getting a pull-up bar for fear that it will damage the door, so I continue using the bands instead.

Monica
Old 10-13-2008, 02:47 PM
Cathlete
Jess_jugs's Profile Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by darine View Post
no no... i meant door frame

I mean my door frame is crooked and have a crack... sorry... bad english LOL
Really? I've been using mine for about a year now and my 185# dh uses it also. We have had NO problem, and I never added the brackets in the door frame either. Sorry you've had problems w/ it!
Old 10-14-2008, 11:27 AM
Cathlete
darine's Profile Fields

Unhappy

How do you use the band? What do you attach it to? Does it make you work as much.... would say no but I hope I am wrong. I have bands... may be I should do that instead. But I've been loving the pull up
Old 10-14-2008, 11:48 AM
Cathlete

This is why those hook-on bars make me so nervous! I had one break my door frame too. I just installed a heavy duty pullup bar in my basement w/brackets, anchors AND bolts (just in case I gain another 10 lbs LOL). Living alone makes me really cautious about this stuff--I can just see myself breaking a leg & lying on my basement floor for a week, until my dogs decide they're too hungry to wait any longer & have a LauraMax buffet.

Yeah I know, TMI. Get yerself a pullup bar w/brackets & bolts! Please!

Clothes should be tight enough to show you're a woman, but loose enough to show you're a lady.
--Clinton Kelly

Government is just the name we give for the things we choose to do together.
--Barney Frank
Old 10-14-2008, 11:50 AM
Cathlete
RapidBreath's Profile Fields

Default max buffet

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraMax View Post
This is why those hook-on bars make me so nervous! I had one break my door frame too. I just installed a heavy duty pullup bar in my basement w/brackets, anchors AND bolts (just in case I gain another 10 lbs LOL). Living alone makes me really cautious about this stuff--I can just see myself breaking a leg & lying on my basement floor for a week, until my dogs decide they're too hungry to wait any longer & have a LauraMax buffet.

Yeah I know, TMI. Get yerself a pullup bar w/brackets & bolts! Please!
roflmao!!!!!

of course if that really happened it would be really sad. . .
Old 10-14-2008, 12:41 PM
Cathlete
princessbear's Profile Fields

Forgive me if this is a stupid question - was your pullup bar like the Iron Gym one that has been discussed here? I'm thinking of purchasing one - but am worried that it will ruin my door frame and perhaps I should get one that mounts instead?