Pre-Sale Comments---Like it or Not and its Long

ldy_solana

Cathlete
i wasn't going to post b/c i am not the person to post things that might inflame but i have to say this.

b/c of all the figting back and forth between folks with their opinions cathe locked two thread on her forum. now on other boards they are calling this censorship of the consumer. which is fine they are entitled to that but b/c of all this fighting amongst ourselves cathe's name is being drug through the mud elsewhere. i understand we all want to know what is going on but does that mean we have to attack each other???!!!! it is quite sad that a group of adults are fighting over this.i wish i could wake up and THIS be my biggest problem instead of my usual worries like will my dad die from his cancer, will viola ever get over her autism or will i have to put her in a home when i can no longer care for her, will i be able to afford the trip to n.j. to be there for my sister when she has her first baby at 19,and this list goes on.

i pre-ordered knowing the risk of not having the workout in a few months. especially with a new business venture aboard this. i can understand b/c this crosses my mind when i have a free moment of other stuff, when will i get my workouts?when are they filming?but we have bigger fish to fry then $60 videos,which you can cancel and get your money back.

quite frankly, i find it childish that no one can express opinions,whether we agree with it or not, without getting flamed at. i am sure i will get some flack for this thread but you know what I DON"T CARE. ppl that have to attack others for their beliefs are childish and self-centered. debate is one thing but we are making this board look bad and when cathe has to lock a thread b/c of the fighting then she gets flamed for censoring the consumer. just think of how these actions are making this whole board look. there are alot of great ppl here and they don't get noticed for being a nice board b/c of all the figthing going on the boards elsewhere.

you want to flame me you go right ahead but i have a life beyond this computer screen and workout videos. i am hoping for the new workouts soon myself but i am also an adult that has a brain to do workouts on my own,create my own routines,etc. i don't NEED a workout video but i love cathe's so that is why i am going to wait a little longer for my workouts without bashing others for not liking the long wait. i try to be nice to those posters and just offer what we all know already that filming hasn't started. i don't wanna fight with anybody but i just want to share what info we can.

thank you for your time have a wonderful new year and let's get it started off on the right foot.

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

You hit the nail on the head.

Sure, I wish we had updates, sure I wish we had the new workouts...but to be honest, the new workouts have rarely crossed my mind since I made my preorder.

I made the preorder becasue of the savings, because I knew I would buy the workouts when they eventually came out, so why not save myself some pretty decent money.

So, I made my order and I honestly have forgotten about the new workouts till someone mentions them.

I have so many workouts to busy myself with already....more than I could do in a months time if I did two a day for a whole month.

I hope the workouts will commence filming and come soon but as we all know, it will probably be well into Feb. 06 before they get to our houses. Gives me someting to look foward to...:)

I'm with Renee.... I ordered knowing it would be months before I got them but for someone who bought all the Hardcores outside of the presale, the savings that were made available to use on the preorder were too attractive to pass up. I have a lot of Cathe's w/o's now thank goodness and that means I have limitless possibilities for w/o's with all the premixes, chaptering, etc. etc.

I do go back to the homepage every now and then and read the descriptions of the new w/o's because I am so excited about getting them. I don't mind waiting because if they are anything like her other w/o's, I won't be sorry I preordered nor will I be sorry I had to wait. Good things come to those who wait!

I agree...first off negativity just doesn't serve a good purpose. It's not so much about WHAT is said but HOW it is said. I have plenty of workouts to keep me busy til the next series comes out. I, too, would like to have them YESTERDAY, but we don't always get what we want. It's always explained in the beginning that "things" can happen and if you aren't sure, don't pre-order. I go ahead and P-O because any amount of time is worth the wait to me. Happy New Year to you too! :7
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

>Sure, I wish we had updates, sure I wish we had the new
>workouts...but to be honest, the new workouts have rarely
>crossed my mind since I made my preorder.
>
>I made the preorder because of the savings, because I knew I
>would buy the workouts when they eventually came out, so why
>not save myself some pretty decent money.
>
>So, I made my order and I honestly have forgotten about the
>new workouts till someone mentions them.
>
>I have so many workouts to busy myself with already....more
>than I could do in a months time if I did two a day for a
>whole month.

My thoughts exactly :) When they arrive, I will be thrilled to have them but until then, we can all get along just fine with Cathe's fine array of existing workouts.

I know that Cathe is a business woman, but she is a woman of MANY talents and a mother. And the most negative posting has been right here around Christmas and the New Year. It's her prerogative when and if she chooses to update. Personally, I don't feel that she ever has to update, even to those that preorder.

I agree...first off negativity just doesn't serve a good purpose. It's not so much about WHAT is said but HOW it is said. I have plenty of workouts to keep me busy til the next series comes out. I, too, would like to have them YESTERDAY, but we don't always get what we want. It's always explained in the beginning that "things" can happen and if you aren't sure, don't pre-order. I go ahead and P-O because any amount of time is worth the wait to me. Happy New Year to you too! :7

DITTO!!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=8019309&uid=3879914&members=1:)

>but we don't always get what we want.

but if you try sometimes you will always get what you need!!! LOL i had to throw that in there. its a good song and that lyric says it all

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

In the overall scheme of things, this whole flap ranks way low on the ladder of things to get riled about. I agree with others that these workouts rarely crossed my mind and as I said in one of the locked threads, I was okay with the wait because of the savings I'd be receiving and because I was confident that I'd be getting a quality product in the end. To be honest, only one of the workouts seems like it's a perfect fit with my needs, but I ordered purely on faith, knowing that at the very least I could sell or trade the ones that didn't suit me and see a good return on my investment. However, after reading Cathe's update (coincidental? I think not)--and reading between the lines that things are just as up in the air as before--I have to say that I'm somewhat angered and EXTREMELY put off by what I perceive to be arrogance toward a very loyal customer base. Since I've been told that my only recourse if I'm not willing to wait indefinitely and be satisfied with vague bits of info as to how things are proceeding (or NOT proceeding in this case) is to cancel my order, I've decided to do just that. I'll wait until I have something substantive on which to base my buying decisions--either clear, definitive descriptions of the workouts, firm filming and/or shipping dates, photos, ANYTHING. I'm fairly new to Cathe and although I've had NO problems with her customer service or her products, I very much dislike when customers are treated as though they're a nuisance and an after-thought, rather than as the reason for someone's success in business.

As for the flaming back and forth, it's unfortunate when it happens, but I haven't been on a board yet that's free from it.

Sparky, where were we treated like we were a nuisance?
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I don't really care how long it takes as long as the final product is good. (so many rotations, so little time with my existing collection!) My only worry is that the new relationship with clear channel is going to affect the "intensity" of the final product. I hope they are not pressuring her to make it less advanced in order to appeal to a wider base. I know she said she would remain in control and would continue to produce advanced workouts. I just hope that's the case.

Maggie:)
due 1 week and 1 day

>I don't really care how long it takes as long as the final
>product is good. (so many rotations, so little time with my
>existing collection!) My only worry is that the new
>relationship with clear channel is going to affect the
>"intensity" of the final product. I hope they are not
>pressuring her to make it less advanced in order to appeal to
>a wider base. I know she said she would remain in control and
>would continue to produce advanced workouts. I just hope
>that's the case.
>
>Maggie:)
>due 1 week and 1 day

I agree. I would hate to see her work outs lose thier intensity as a whole, however, if she wants to appeal to a wider base and simply begins producing MORE beginner/intermediate work outs or even a series, that's great IMO. I just don't want her to stop putting out the kick a$$ work outs that she is so well-known and loved for!:)

Well, I think those threads are driven by a couple of posters who enjoy inflammation. Personally, I think this bickering is stupid. The workouts will be ready when they're ready; Cathe is under no obligation to provide us with constant updates as to what is going on with them.

If people want instant gratification, then they shouldn't pre-order.

Marie

It is taking a long time, but you cannot beat the savings. Until the quality (intensity) is compromised, I will continue to order pre-sale DVDs. I'm just going to have to buy something else to until these arrive....

That said, I just hope that Cathe doesn't loose creative control amongst corporate marketing strategies. I'd hate to see a great product lost in the name of profit, and many small companies who are goobled up by larger firms are never the same. I must admit, I'm worried.

Tracy

Well said. I, like everyone else, can't wait for Cathe's new workouts. But, let's start 2006 off without any conflict on these threads.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.