power 90x

tinytaebo

I just orderred th Power 90x series, as I'm growing tired of waiting for Cathe's new DVD's. However, I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether or not this will help to tone me instead of only working on strength. I'm looking for tone and muscle definition. Thanks in advance for any comments.

Alicia

Hi, I'll just leave a short reply. The P90x series was one of the best purchases for my money. It gave me very good definition particularly in my arms. For my legs I would use Cathe's tapes. For strength and definition in the arms it's a great buy.

Hi Alicia...I got my best results using P90X. I did 2 rotations and now a year later I am doing a 3rd rotation. I agree with Mic P90X is great for upper body and also core, but I prefer Cathe for Legwork. You have meade a truly great purchase...:)...Carole

Hi Alicia,

While I haven't done a complete rotation just yet, I love this set. The upper body workouts are great and flexible to your goals. I'm sure you will enjoy it!

P90X is the best at achieving more upper body definition. Put everything into it and you won't be disappointed. I'd add in some Cathe lower body to get/keep definition in the legs.

P90X is great for upper body and core, but I agree that lower body isn't as effective (though the light-weight and unweighted exercises Tony uses are sometimes quite challenging--I think they may work beter for men, who don't have the same lower body "issues" we women do).

I'd recommend incorporating different lower body workouts (I'd use Cathe PLB or GSL or some Firm workouts, which I find really hit the "thutt" area well and keep the booty poppin', both areas that I have problems with).

I usually did 15 reps of each of the "self-paced" exercises (sometiems less, but going for 15) with as heavy a weight as I could handle. Worked very nicely.

I just wanted to thank everyone for your responses. Can someone tell me if the rotations for this series are posted somewhere? Thanks again!!!!

Alicia

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.